Breakdown by local

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Do you have an answer as to why the riders and supplements received renegotiating in 2013, but not this time?
Because in 2013-14, Hoffa was concerned about the politics of getting reelected, now he isn't?

Either way, I don't see how that doesn't demonstrate a precedence that Article 12 of the IBT Constitution is not as rigid as is being advertised today.

~Article 12, Section 6. The General Executive Board is empow- ered to amend, delete, or add to thisArticle if at any time it believes such action will be in the interests of the International Union or its subordinate bodies.~

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Because in 2013-14, Hoffa was concerned about the politics of getting reelected, now he isn't?

Either way, I don't see how that doesn't demonstrate a precedence that Article 12 of the IBT Constitution is not as rigid as is being advertised today.

~Article 12, Section 6. The General Executive Board is empow- ered to amend, delete, or add to thisArticle if at any time it believes such action will be in the interests of the International Union or its subordinate bodies.~

It's simple.

The General President is empowered to interpret the IBT constitution....

And he has a majority support of the General Executive Board.

Did you see where 7 IBT Vice Presidents (the 6 TDU people and then Sean)

sent a letter to Hoffa requesting an emergency General Executive Board meeting to

discuss the issue ?

Central Region IBT Vice President Bill Frisky from Local 964 sent one....

and his Local approved the contract !

:biggrin:

I wish I could make this stuff up.

-Bug-

drifter

I've never seen it broke down like that, but I'm sure the IBT knows.

Flip-flop Fred.... first recommended a yes vote to their supplement (that he

negotiated) then he changed it to vote no, and then back to yes.

And his Local voted down the Rider by 77.46%.

That doesn't say much about his credibility with his members.
Maybe you should understand why. The committee recommended a yes then the company backed up on an agreement. Based on that the committee recommended a no. The company came back and honored the deal and the committee then recommended a yes. The issue was short term disability where full time gets 60% of their pay with no cap. The IBT negotiated a cap of $500.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
Hoffa hailed the agreement as a "historic day" for the Teamsters' 1.4 million members.

"After decades of hard work and millions of dollars spent, we can finally say that corrupt elements have been driven from the Teamsters and that the government oversight can come to an end," said Hoffa, whose Teamster boss dad is believed to be the victim of a mob hit.

"We have clearly established a culture . . . that no corruption of any kind is tolerated," Hoffa said.

Under the proposal, the Teamsters will have autonomy over election rules and be able to appoint an independent election supervisor provided he or she meets certain standards.

Federal oversight of Teamsters to end after 25 years - NY Daily News

post-3474-0-34544100-1393539097.gif

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The General President is empowered to interpret the IBT constitution....

And he has a majority support of the General Executive Board.
So are you telling us there is no onus for consistency in interpretation?

....that he has the latitiude to interpret it one way this time, then contradict himself the next???

~Bbbl~™

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier

Great Point...If Hoffa would of applied Article 12, Section 6 to the 2013 contract, three years prior to the 2016 General Election he would of had "NO" chance of being reelected, he barely got in as it was.

Again Politics trumps the true interests of the membership that voted.