Breaking News Regarding Fed Ex Express

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
If ups goes out of business then we have no pension right.

Wrong.

Even if they did go out of business, the UPS-IBT Pension Plan is funded at 100.00% as of 12/31/2017.

That means there is enough money in the fund to pay the current liabilities. So, even if they went out of business, there would still be pension payments for a long time to come.

The same for those not in the UPS-IBT Plan. Although some of those may not be as well funded.

Actually, I believe the PBGC takes over the pension, since they guarantee it, and the money UPS had in the pension fund goes to them.

But I wouldn't worry, too much, about them going out of business, at least not anytime soon.

Last edited:
F

Frankie's Friend

If FedEx isn't doing well in Europe, I doubt UPS is doing any better.
Incorrect assumption according to the 2018 report for 2017.
Excerpts follow: Screenshot_20190102-040241_Drive.jpg Screenshot_20190102-040130_Drive.jpg Screenshot_20190102-035936_Drive.jpg
2018 results aren't out but growth (allegedly) continues and especially in Europe according to the 2018 Report.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190102-040039_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20190102-040039_Drive.jpg
    195.3 KB · Views: 158

What'dyabringmetoday???

Wrong.

Even if they did go out of business, the UPS-IBT Pension Plan is funded at 100.00% as of 12/31/2017.

That means there is enough money in the fund to pay the current liabilities. So, even if they went out of business, there would still be pension payments for a long time to come.

The same for those not in the UPS-IBT Plan. Although some of those may not be as well funded.

Actually, I believe the PBGC takes over the pension, since they guarantee it, and the money UPS had in the pension fund goes to them.

But I wouldn't worry, too much, about them going out of business, at least not anytime soon.
Serious question- how long do you think PBGC would last in the above scenario? Lol.

F

Frankie's Friend

Well according to OUR "Big Union Leader", the PBGC can not sustain even the pension I am in going belly-up. It certainly won't if they all go south. Of course, maybe that's the opinion of one Big Union Liar. I mean leader. But I think it's pretty close to the truth.
And when it's gone it's gone unless congress acts.
There are many still in DC fighting to save (salvage) pensions.
They have time to go and be there (many are retired) but if you know of anyone helping with that in your area send them $50 to help with expenses.
We appreciate our good advocates.

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
Serious question- how long do you think PBGC would last in the above scenario? Lol.

They would get the current money in the plans at the time they had to take over, so they will have huge assets, at first.

Then they will crunch the numbers and cut the promised pensions to try and stay solvent as long as they can.

Time frame? No idea, but I hope we don't have to find out.

Last edited: