Breaking senior drivers

Babagounj

Strength through joy
I know this thread is old but this is why I quit recently. I find it odd some people complain about the work itself taking a toll on your body while others seem to only focus on the harassments, mind games and office politics (or "union politics" if you want to be that cringe.) When I quit there were so many trucks not getting loaded on a regular basis and my sup had to get people to load it at the very end of the day. I scrambled every second of the day and had nothing to show for it. Nobody wants to work at this job it seems.

I suggest you quit as well. I can't tell you how many loaders also felt the same way you did. You'll regret not leaving sooner.
Many of the posters here have repeatedly stated that this job isn't for everyone.
Good to see you realized that early.

At one job fair , the p/t sups assigned there got into trouble for rejecting some applicants.
Seems they noticed while working just what types of people usually lasted the longest and thought they should only encourage similar types to apply for the jobs.... The good old days.

JustDeliverIt

Many of the posters here have repeatedly stated that this job isn't for everyone.
Good to see you realized that early.

At one job fair , the p/t sups assigned there got into trouble for rejecting some applicants.
Seems they noticed while working just what types of people usually lasted the longest and thought they should only encourage similar types to apply for the jobs.... The good old days.

Now all you need is a pulse. Last 3 days, 3 weeks, whatever. They will take it.

browned out

I am a delivery driver with nearly 30 years of service and wonder everyday how I am going to make it to the finish line. I worked with guys that stole time from this company for years and it was wrong. Todays technology eliminates that and that’s a good thing. However, when I learned my route years ago I averaged around 115 stops a day. I did the job and got off the clock. Now it’s more like 145 a day. These 30, 40, even 50 more stops a day are brutal on someone that has nearly 30 years of service and wear and tear on their body. I am at the point where I regret staying here and would not recommend this job to anyone. I could have been a lot healthier and happier making less money somewhere else.

Hang in there. Do not let them break you. We should all be striving for this
55 to 60 years seniority and I am out. This guy is a role model and an inspiration to all of us. Remain sanguine and battle on!

Box Ox

55 to 60 years seniority and I am out. This guy is a role model and an inspiration to all of us.

I admire his longevity but also wonder how he's not thinking about the things he might prefer to be doing outside of a UPS truck with the time he's got left.

Shift Inhibit

He who laughs last didn't get it.
Quad boys hero
1DAFB3D7-412A-4513-A575-35C9DA822C3F.gif