brownbailout = propaganda that misleads the public

Overpaid Union Thug

There is no government bailout of UPS. This is nothing more than an attempt to maintain an edge on a competitor in an identical business by thwarting attempts at unionization. If America actually saw the advantage Fred had by labeling all those ground drivers as contractors, they'd get the real story behind all of this. The trouble is our public is so dumb they'll believe anything you tell them. Look who they elected as President.

Let me also add that although FedEx has had this "edge" for so long UPS has still, and always, come out on top. Enough said.

mungrin

Banned
Let me also add that although FedEx has had this "edge" for so long UPS has still, and always, come out on top. Enough said.
Ya damn right.Everone knows that Fedex's reliability is very questionable.All of my customers are scared to use Fedex because they know they lose more packages and are late all the time.The Fedex operation is from the stoneage.UPS will always have an edge because our system is better and more efficient.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Ya damn right.Everone knows that Fedex's reliability is very questionable.All of my customers are scared to use Fedex because they know they lose more packages and are late all the time.The Fedex operation is from the stoneage.UPS will always have an edge because our system is better and more efficient.

As much as nobody wants to hear it or believe it fedex express is very close to ups in customer service and on time, ups night be a bit better but its close. Fedex ground sucks...thats putting it nicely. But you look at the last few buildings that they have built and they are STATE OF THE ART. yes ups is more efficient, thanks to the blood that they squeeze out of us on a daily basis, while this happens other things suffer. What fedex has done against our company in the last 35+ years is nothing short of amazing considering ups had such a LARGE head start. You have to give them credit. Some of the credit goes to former upsers who jumped ship to fedex not wanting to comtinue with the typical ups "culture". This company has lost many good old school management to fedex and to a lesser degree to dhl, which has helped them also.

mungrin

Banned
As much as nobody wants to hear it or believe it fedex express is very close to ups in customer service and on time, ups night be a bit better but its close. Fedex ground sucks...thats putting it nicely. But you look at the last few buildings that they have built and they are STATE OF THE ART. yes ups is more efficient, thanks to the blood that they squeeze out of us on a daily basis, while this happens other things suffer. What fedex has done against our company in the last 35+ years is nothing short of amazing considering ups had such a LARGE head start. You have to give them credit. Some of the credit goes to former upsers who jumped ship to fedex not wanting to comtinue with the typical ups "culture". This company has lost many good old school management to fedex and to a lesser degree to dhl, which has helped them also.
Dont tell me you are drinking the Fred Kool-Aid as well.
Look,its not even close.Fedex is a small company and should be of no concern to us.Look at the numbers,we crush Fedex revenues,and i mean CRUSH.Their service is terrible,losing packages,stealing,unreliable,high turnover rate bad reputation.They dont even have commercials anymore which was the only thing they had going for them.
Pretty soon there will only be one.

And I mean soon.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Look,its not even close.Fedex is a small company and should be of no concern to us.Look at the numbers,we crush Fedex revenues,and i mean CRUSH.Their service is terrible,losing packages,stealing,unreliable,high turnover rate bad reputation.They dont even have commercials anymore which was the only thing they had going for them.

And I mean soon.

Theres a BIG difference between fedex express and the ground thugs. In general fedex express has done very well against ups. They have followed ups in service and technology. Fedex has been spart in getting into freight before ups, and bailing out of the ups store even though they could have stayed and continued service there...they decided instead to get kinkos. Fred S has jumped on things where ups has to be the dinosaur and study and wait..which in its own right might be the best thing to do...who knows. ANYONE who says fedex hasnt been a considerable foe really dont have much of their facts straight. they have the marketing, the brand, etc. I love this company and would do anything to shut down fedex for good, but you have to give these guys some credit.

Coldworld

60 months and counting

And I mean soon.

How long have you worked for brown mungrin???

Coldworld

60 months and counting
6 years and Fedex is just a lil UPS knock-off

Congrats on the 6 years..but I bet that many older folks who have seen fedex start with a few pkgs in vans in the 70's and a carrier you never saw with more than a letter or two to companies and someone who you NEVER saw out in the rural areas...morphed into servicing close to ups in the us, being worldwide, dropping off "bulk" to business, having all the same service levels, etc, etc. Maybe some others can chime in here..they are not someone to take lightly..especially with Fred S and his clout on the hill...the crazy ones are the people who never can turn an eye on because if you do they surprise you. Ups should have NEVER quit doing air in the 30's, they should have listening to our founder, beacuse we would'nt be having this conversation....there would have never been a fedex.

Last edited:

mungrin

Banned
Fedex=XfL

Cheap imitation of UPS.Priority Overnight is a rippoff of Next Day Air.No threat and days are numbered.
I love making Fdx employees mad when i flash my paycheck to them.

sealbasher

Fedex=XfL

Cheap imitation of UPS.Priority Overnight is a rippoff of Next Day Air.No threat and days are numbered.
I love making Fdx employees mad when i flash my paycheck to them.

we van make this brownbailout work for us ,i will be crazy on sales leads,and having this forum is the best way to start it.fed x blows and we can beat them,we are far supieror in work ethic,they might spell better,but the hell with it lets take care of our future,sales leads turn them in im gping to start,every place that fedx guy goes im going in after,ups is a far better compony its time we showed it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I personally think that anyone who feels that passage of this bill will mean that FedEx will no longer be our competitor is shortsighted. This bill, if passed, will give FedEx employees the right to organize--it will not automatically organize them. I do think, as others have suggested, that you will see a change in their business model, with more work being shifted to the ICs, thereby reducing the Express employees to where they would basically be part time employees. Now, when a final determination is made by the courts as to the status of ICs, you will see a further shift of work from Express to Ground as the ICs will be considered employees and their business model will eventually mirror ours.

FedEx is not going anywhere. Their service and reliability (Express) rivals ours. There is much room for improvement on the Ground side but a shift in emphasis to the Ground side will bring about this improvement. They will have a unified sales force selling all of their products and will continue to give us a run for our money.

tieguy

Banned
Even though Brownbailout.com is a complete and utter lie, it's apparently working. Cheryl posted a poll on the FedEx side that says most Americans are buying Fred's crap, which doesn't say much for their intelligence level.

I believe Cheryl posted the results of the poll conducted by pollsters that were hired by Fred S to run a skewed poll and present skewed results. was there another article you were referencing or are you attempting to spread misinformation here?

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I believe Cheryl posted the results of the poll conducted by pollsters that were hired by Fred S to run a skewed poll and present skewed results. was there another article you were referencing or are you attempting to spread misinformation here?

Believe what you want. I did reference the poll, but the bulk of my information comes from within FedEx itself. No misinformation intended nor given. I have friends in Memphis who are management and local managers who also keep me in the loop. Does the announcement of zero raises in 2009 and a contingent 2% raise in 2010 sound like a company that fears unionization? Exactly the opposite. We all expected at least a small bone from FedEx and none was thrown. Our annual gauge of likelihood to unionize (the SFA) was terrible, meaning we are highly likely to vote for the Teamsters if given the opportunity. The corporate buzz regarding the RLA has also died down, and managers who were sounding conciliatory 2 weeks ago are back to toeing the hard line. The company also raised SPH goals by one stop per hour at the same time, further ticking-off employees.

There are a lot of politicians who "owe" Smith, much more so than the Teamsters or UPS. In another thread I mentioned that many members of Congress fly FedEx Airlines, the executive jet fleet of the company. Smith is Skull and Bones from his days at Yale, he is very closely allied with John McCain and has incredible political connections.

Like I said earlier, while you guys are playing nice, he is twisting arms behind the scenes. Go ahead and keep throwing my name around as someone playing games on this site....you couldn't be more incorrect.

As stated before, UPS is on the same side as I am on this issue. I've never been shy about saying I support unionization of FedEx. Going Teamster won't cause the company to fail, and I don't want it to fail because they owe me a pension someday.

No matter what I say, you're going to try and twist it into something sinister or suspicious. Why not accept at face value my assertion that I'm in this to finally go Teamster and actually be able to make a decent living from what I do?

mungrin

Banned
No matter what I say, you're going to try and twist it into something sinister or suspicious. Why not accept at face value my assertion that I'm in this to finally go Teamster and actually be able to make a decent living from what I do?
I dont think you got your facts straight.You are basing everything from a few Fedex buds.We are all hearing something different.I dont care how much pull fred has,Obama made a promise to us and I dont think hes gonna turn his back on us.Obama will stay true to his word,and him changing the RLA was the reason I voted for him.

I dont think you got your facts straight.You are basing everything from a few Fedex buds.We are all hearing something different.I dont care how much pull fred has,Obama made a promise to us and I dont think hes gonna turn his back on us.Obama will stay true to his word,and him changing the RLA was the reason I voted for him.

I was going to comment but I think Lincoln said it best..."Better to remain silent and be thought a fool, Than to speak out and remove all doubt!" By the way how is that hope and change working out for you.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member

I hope you are right, but it's more than a few buds. I'm also onboard for "hope and change", but Obama is just the President....Congress is where the rubber meets the road.