Browncafe at work

satellitedriver

Obviously, I have struck a nerve of TRUTH. If you THINK for a moment your threats worry me. THINK AGAIN.
What threat?
There is another side to management being here and its a dangerous one. You may have to also expose yourself to their opinion. :happy-very:
Tie didn't say it all that well.
He ,IMO, should have condensed the two sentences into one.
Read them together as one cohesive thought and his meaning might not seem so threatening to you.
You post something (your truth/opinion) about managers and you will get a managers (truth/opinion) rebuttal.
If I thought there was any threat involved on either side, I would delete the post.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I love this site. I wish I had more time to read all the posts. We all need a place to vent, or to learn a new perspective or just to be amongst others who feel our pain. Heaven forbid we didn't have BC to come too. I wonder if the post office had something like we do if there would be fewer people going postal? LOL!!!!!!!!!!! Come on mgt, come read what your drivers, preloaders, and local sorters are saying. Maybe you will listen to us here since it seems that you won't listen to us at work. I wish I knew if my sup was here. I would tell him that I actually like him. He is hilarious to talk to. Has a great sense of humor but there are times when I really don't appreciate him. I think for the most part TIE is fair, I haven't really disagreed with him. And I welcome the opportunity to hear others opinions. Quite often I have LMAO. Some of it is actually funny and some seems to be ludicrous. But what does it matter? Take that which is pertinent to/or helps you and leave the rest. Curahee has a point...for the most part you can stay anonymous, but that anonymity goes only so far because even in anonymity you are known. (try and figure that out). Ok, enough. Except TIEGUY I have to say I LOVE YOUR AVATAR!!!!!!!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I don't worry a bit about posting on here. Most members post anonymously on here, and thats fine. I have never been approached by management by anything I have done with this site. I am on my own time and have the right to voice any opinion I have. I tell them the same thing when I am on the clock. I think it takes a certain kind of person who likes this type of communicating, its not for everyone.

I know of a few people at my Hub that come on here. A couple of them just read things and never post. I know two that posts on here regularly, in fact, one of them is in my same work group. Like a few of you have mentioned, its interesting that no matter where you are, we all share common experiences.

iowa boy

I agree with DS. I don't feel that tie gets the respect he deserves here. Don't get me wrong, Im not trying to suck up to tie, but he spends a lot of time on here, (i think) and offers his opinion on a variety of subjects and a certain percentage of people on here think he is a "stupid management person" who doesn't know smile*. Personally, some of his comments make me look at things a little differently as he has a different perspective than most of us.

iowa boy

thanks for your understanding. But we could be classified as idiots for the sole purpose of working for UPS right? What do u think?

DS

Fenderbender
"In conflict it is better to be receptive than aggressive, better to retreat a foot than advance an inch. This is called moving ahead without advancing, capturing the enemy without attacking him. There is no greater misfortune than underestimating your opponent. To underestimate your opponent is to forsake your three treasured. When opposing forces are engaged in conflict, the one who fights with sorrow will triumph."
Lao Tzu
Tao Te Ching #69

I'm not just quoting,I am a non practicing taoist `heres another~
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
in a period of advanced culture,it is of the greatest importance that one should achieve something significant.if a man concentrates on such real undertakings,he may indeed experience envy and disfavour,but that is not dangerous.the more he limits himself to his actual achievments,the less harm can the envious inflict on him.
So like Tony says if you try to make a difference,people will notice.

tieguy

Banned
Obviously, I have struck a nerve of TRUTH. If you THINK for a moment your threats worry me. THINK AGAIN.

Not sure if you're kidding or not but its a response I would expect. often those who complain of management closing their ears to reason are the ones who often demonstrate the same trait. something to think about.:happy-very:

Although Tie and I have had our differences, I have never thought him to be stupid. Tie is obviously intelligent , however I do feel his positions are oft times eschewed toward management ideas as mine are to hourly.

over9five

Staff member
I like being anonymous. There is only ONE UPS person who knows who I am (and I haven't seen or heard from him in a long time. Hope his cat is alright....). I feel anonymity allows you to be very honest without fear of reprisal.
I've only heard BrownCafe mentioned by one other person at work.

Someday, tho, we should have a big BrownCafe party..... We'd all wear nametags with our nicks... Maybe meet in Cancun or somewhere...

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I like being anonymous. There is only ONE UPS person who knows who I am (and I haven't seen or heard from him in a long time. Hope his cat is alright....). I feel anonymity allows you to be very honest without fear of reprisal.
I've only heard BrownCafe mentioned by one other person at work.

Someday, tho, we should have a big BrownCafe party..... We'd all wear nametags with our nicks... Maybe meet in Cancun or somewhere...

Vegas Baaaaabyyyyy
I agree, lets go. Oh but wait..we wont be anonymous anymore:angry:
Oh wait. Yes we will.............
what happens in Vegas stays in vegas:happy2:
Except marriage, it comes home with you:surprised: