Bud Shootout

JustTired

free at last.......
If your looking for consistency, you have to consider Kenseth. If he doesn't go in the first round, someone doesn't know much about the sport. Jeff Burton would be a fairly safe bet, also.

If I had to pick 5 drivers, they would be (in no particular order) Kenseth, Burton, Jr., and reluctantly Kyle bush and J Gordon. I know that I should have said Johnson and Stewart.......but I just can't bring myself to do it. That's why I'd lose. Of course the odds of being able to pick all of the above in a draft would be slim to none, but you can dream.

FAVREFAN

Wow. Deep. Did it take you all day too come up with such anobtuse pick :rolleyes:
Sorry. Not sure if you got it but I was making fun of the simplicity of the so-called "sport". Sorry, couldn't help it. If Montoya can win the championship in 2-3 years, it will put an end to the current massivity of the series. He has the most racing experience on any type of track in any type of car other than stock.(What is stock on these anyways? lol) He has raced everything. I'm pulling for him. But with no help, friends, or alliances, he will have a long, long uphill battle. Peace, but I'm sure I'm in for it now. Fire away!

Cementups

Box Monkey
Sorry. Not sure if you got it but I was making fun of the simplicity of the so-called "sport". Sorry, couldn't help it. If Montoya can win the championship in 2-3 years, it will put an end to the current massivity of the series. He has the most racing experience on any type of track in any type of car other than stock.(What is stock on these anyways? lol) He has raced everything. I'm pulling for him. But with no help, friends, or alliances, he will have a long, long uphill battle. Peace, but I'm sure I'm in for it now. Fire away!

No firing here. I just thought saying Gordon is going to be there in the end is....well.....duh:smart:. I was an openwheel fan long before I was a NASCAR fan. I too root for Montoya. I have from the day Ganassi signed him. I do have him picked for makking the Chase though this year, or at least the top 15. I know its a long shot but he did finish 20th last year. though I love his aggressiveness it may serve him better to make some friends. I'm a Robby Gordon fan too (another all aroudn talent) and he could give pointers to JPM onhow p***ing off your competitors doesnt get you very far. The big guys leave Robby out to dry alot because of his actions in the past.

govols019

You smell that?
And here I thought I was the only person that would admit to being a Robby Gordon fan.

We were at Talladega once when Robby caused a big wreck during the Busch race. I was the only person in the stands wearing a Robby shirt and hat so everyone turned and looked at me like I did it. For a second I thought I was dead.

FAVREFAN

And here I thought I was the only person that would admit to being a Robby Gordon fan.

We were at Talladega once when Robby caused a big wreck during the Busch race. I was the only person in the stands wearing a Robby shirt and hat so everyone turned and looked at me like I did it. For a second I thought I was dead.
LOL!

diesel96

When it comes to super-speed ways, you better make friends cause with those restricter plates, drafting and friendly nudges from your homie is the difference of running with the pack or lagging in the back.

Govols019.....Taledega is a tough crowd, I'm curious to see the reception Jr gets holding hands with (Jeff)Gordon and Johnson.

Thx for the suggestions...any other late round draft picks or up and coming teams welcome. I got till Saturday.

diesel96

14 out of the top twenty cars finishing in the Daytona 500 are Dodge and Toyota. Who'd a funk it a couple of years ago. 4 chevy's and 2 Fords round up the rest of the field barely noticed. JR had a decent day with a 9th place finish, the first non-Dodge/Toyota car to finish. Boy has Nascar changed since the good ole boys from No Carolina and the South used to trade paint.

FAVREFAN

14 out of the top twenty cars finishing in the Daytona 500 are Dodge and Toyota. Who'd a funk it a couple of years ago. 4 chevy's and 2 Fords round up the rest of the field barely noticed. JR had a decent day with a 9th place finish, the first non-Dodge/Toyota car to finish. Boy has Nascar changed since the good ole boys from No Carolina and the South used to trade paint.
I watched the last 8 laps. Looked like Toyota was a 1/2 lap from the win. They will dominate by next year. It's unfortunate, but reality that, Toyota and Honda are much better at the automotive industry than we now are.
I ask again, and hopefully I will get some responses this time. If in the near future, Toyota begins to dominate(2009)......will Nascars support begin it's decline? Peace out.

diesel96

I watched the last 8 laps. Looked like Toyota was a 1/2 lap from the win. They will dominate by next year. It's unfortunate, but reality that, Toyota and Honda are much better at the automotive industry than we now are.
I ask again, and hopefully I will get some responses this time. If in the near future, Toyota begins to dominate(2009)......will Nascars support begin it's decline? Peace out.

I don't think so. In many cases some Good ole' boys haved moved into the driver seat of the foriegn cars. The popularity and success of the foriegn cars will only hurt the American Car mfg's rep the most. Most cases, wins and loses aren't due by the mfg, there done be the Owners, TEAM and engineering and of course the driver. I see Nascar begin the transition into a broader base of fans here in the US and around the globe. You see this by the drivers origins all over the US and now So. America, Canada, Scotland and Europe. Also the Busch Race from Mexico last year. It's probably a good business descision to expand worldwide but could you call it NASCAR anymore.

To the non-fan, NASCAR stands for "Non Athletic Sport Centered Around Rednecks"....it's real meaning is "National Association for Stock Car Auto Racing". In a few years do we call it WASCAR "worldwide assoc for stockcar racing".
Don't want to burst anybodies bubble, but this sport that many assume their fans to be white, male, and southern, well, that assumption is just plain wrong. NASCAR's fan base is made up by 40% woman, in fact, NASCAR has more women watching, than the NFL or Major League Baseball. The minority fan base increases each week, making up about 10% at this point. The average income of a NASCAR Nextel Cup fan is 83,000 a year. Just some ironic interesting tidbits.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Don't want to burst anybodies bubble, but this sport that many assume their fans to be white, male, and southern, well, that assumption is just plain wrong. NASCAR's fan base is made up by 40% woman, in fact, NASCAR has more women watching, than the NFL or Major League Baseball. The minority fan base increases each week, making up about 10% at this point. The average income of a NASCAR Nextel Cup fan is 83,000 a year. Just some ironic interesting tidbits.

They have a black kid nicknamed Bubba (I don't recall his real name) that is a motocross suprstar that they are trying to get towards driving a 4 wheeled vehicle a.k.a. NASCAR. If that happens the world will be flipped upside-down like golf was with Tiger Woods. It's not a bad thing to me, just make sure you take notice.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...
All I want to know is when is Danica going to make the jump to NASCAR?

Anybody catch her in the Sports Illustrated 2008 swimsuit issue?...hamana! hamana! hamana!

FAVREFAN

Anybody catch her in the Sports Illustrated 2008 swimsuit issue?...hamana! hamana! hamana!
Yeah, she is quite the little ____. She justed signed with Andretti so no jumping ship anytime soon. Also, see, there is this other problem. She sucks. Can't win a race in the depleted IRL series. (mostly ovals) She' be 43rd every week in Nascar.

Cementups

Box Monkey
News on the race front today......

IRL and CHAMP car will run a combined schedule. They have finally come to terms and willl try joining back up.

Also,, I don't think danica will ever come to NASCAR.

FAVREFAN

News on the race front today......

IRL and CHAMP car will run a combined schedule. They have finally come to terms and willl try joining back up.

Also,, I don't think danica will ever come to NASCAR.
I stuck with Champcar till the bitter end. What a severe dissapointment to end it this way.

diesel96

They have a black kid nicknamed Bubba (I don't recall his real name) that is a motocross suprstar that they are trying to get towards driving a 4 wheeled vehicle a.k.a. NASCAR. If that happens the world will be flipped upside-down like golf was with Tiger Woods. It's not a bad thing to me, just make sure you take notice.

James "Bubba" Stewart....The "Tiger Woods" of supercross. He and the other supercross great Ricky Carmicheal both have NASCAR inspirations.

BLACKBOXRe: Bud Shootout
Anybody catch her in the Sports Illustrated 2008 swimsuit issue?...hamana! hamana! hamana

Way to go there Ralphie boy ! Honeymooners fan ? I get all Jackie Gleason when I see Danica also......hamana, hamana bang zoom, to the moon!

pkgdriver

Ive seen Bubba race at Daytona. Bubba is a bad dude.
It was on the Supercross track in in front of pit road though.

He should be at Daytona for the Supercross March 7th. He's from the Lakeland Florida area which is an a bit more than hour away from the track.