Budget after retirement.

BobJ

How did your spending change after retirement?

I'm guessing it increased because you have more time to go out... but by how much?

Karma...

I didnt work, save and invest almost all my life to not have a good retirement.....if one is frugal one can live off the divs and invest the pension and social security money.......all very very comfortable.....thanks to ups or rather united parcel service....

Johney

I haven’t changed a thing on my spending other than what the economy has made me spend more on. I got a part time job to keep me motivated so between that and my pension I’m making what I was as a 22.3 shifter right before I retired.

oldngray

nowhere special
I haven’t changed a thing on my spending other than what the economy has made me spend more on. I got a part time job to keep me motivated so between that and my pension I’m making what I was as a 22.3 shifter right before I retired.
Your fixed costs immediately drop at least 25% as soon as you retire. Add in the lower tax bracket and you come close to breaking even.

WDFD
Screenshot_20230917-121105.png