Building closing?

kale931

I was told last night by some other people in my area that we will be lucky to have jobs by summer. I don't understand what is going on. On the news they said that the Rockford hub was getting bigger and they are making more jobs. Does anyone know what is going on??????????

I need this job and have been there for almost 10 years now. We've had no communication so the rumors are everywhere. I work on the late shift at the Rockford hub. thankyou

browned out

10 years should be enough to keep you employed somewhere in your district if your ctr closes. UPS uses scare tactics regularly. We were told this Xmas season was going to be way down; borderline disaster . Fourth quarter reports show our volume tripled over last Xmas. I posted these results off the UPS website, yahoo finance and bloomberg; needless to say these postings (in an area where employees are allowed to post) where down before the PM.

kale931

yeah does anyone have any information that is good on the Rockford hub? I've heard we might get some volumeback, but most are saying we are either closing or going down to almost nothing. In that case I'd be laid off like the other 100+ people so far this year.

Buffaloaf

yeah does anyone have any information that is good on the Rockford hub? I've heard we might get some volumeback, but most are saying we are either closing or going down to almost nothing. In that case I'd be laid off like the other 100+ people so far this year.

Just a general observation. The PHL night sort was closed due to weather the last two nights. The first night they were closed, LOUKY had 39,000 service failures. That is absolutely terrible. I'm sure they didn't have the staffing or whatever, but you can at least rest assured Kale that they can't take ALL of the NDA volume right now. When overall NDA volume picks up, LOUKY won't be able to take it all -- right now it's sort of a matter to how fast they can adjust to the additional volume. It's a race between the economy improving or LOUKY getting more staffing/organized, IMO. Whichever happens first will hold the fate for the other NDA night sort hubs, like Rockford.

upssalesguy

UPS Defender
Do they still get their health care when furloughed? Just wondering.

i have no idea.

Isn't "fuloughed" a fancy way of saying "laid-off" for professionals?

furlough (plural furloughs)
  1. A leave of absence or vacation.
    1. (US) especially one granted to a member of the armed forces, or to a prisoner.
  1. (US) A period of unpaid time off, used by an employer to reduce costs.
    • 2008 November 7, Jon Ortiz, “State workers rip Schwarzenegger's job furlough plan”, The Sacramento Bee: The state estimates the one-day-a-month furlough spread over the 18 months of the plan would amount to a 5 percent cut in pay.

bluehdmc

(US) A period of unpaid time off, used by an employer to reduce costs.

Layoff is the temporary suspension or permanent termination of employment of an employee or (more commonly) a group of employees for business reasons, such as the decision that certain positions are no longer necessary or a business slow-down or interruption in work.

You say "tah-ma-toe", I say "ta-may-toe"

bigblu 2 you

I was told last night by some other people in my area that we will be lucky to have jobs by summer. I don't understand what is going on. On the news they said that the Rockford hub was getting bigger and they are making more jobs. Does anyone know what is going on??????????

I need this job and have been there for almost 10 years now. We've had no communication so the rumors are everywhere. I work on the late shift at the Rockford hub. thankyou
i was told by al gore we were facing global warming but im sitting in a foot of snow for the last week?

rampman

So what is really going on in Rockford?? I come in tonight and I hear that ft management is now telling people that Rockford is shutting down by summer..Would ft combo workers be able to transfer somewhere else or would we just be out of a job? There's a lot of people there with 10-15 yrs. Under there belt.

kale931

No one has still heard an official word of what is going on. I DO know that about a dozen more people were walked out last night!

I've heard about 10 different rumors about what is going to happen and we are getting no communication letting us know what is right. I can't understand why we dont get an PCM or something. :sad-little:

Families are very worried in Rockford, it's alot of Jobs!!