building heat @ 45 degrees

U

uber

We don't have a thermostat. Its been in the 20's all week. Bay doors open everywhere. If its cold outside, its cold inside.

rod

Retired 22 years
45 would be considered tropical at my old center in the winter----------------unless you were in the office.

steward71

put on a hat, a coat, and gloves you will be warm. not a driver but just think of all the drivers and air dock workers that have to get out in the stuff everyday.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

put on a hat, a coat, and gloves you will be warm. not a driver but just think of all the drivers and air dock workers that have to get out in the stuff everyday.

Employees in those positions expect to be out in the cold--there is no reason inside employees should have to work in a 45 degree hub.

moreluck

golden ticket member
OK, back in the dinosaur time......when UPS started out West, UPS did not have it's own place right away and rented a space from a gas station in Idaho Falls. The sort was out back, outside and temps. dipped to -31 (actual, not wind chill). The guys with stashes had them frozen solid to their faces. Those rollers were really cold and you sure didn't want to put your tongue on them or you'd end up like the kid in Christmas Story.

Old story, old times.........but 45 degrees inside a building is too cold today!

UPSGUY72

45 that is a heat wave I drive around all day with my passenger side door open unless the temp goes below 25. I find it a waste of time opening and shutting the door especially when the latch doesn't operate correctly.

hypocrisy

Banned
45 that is a heat wave I drive around all day with my passenger side door open unless the temp goes below 25. I find it a waste of time opening and shutting the door especially when the latch doesn't operate correctly.

Hey we have these guys called "mechanics" and if you fill out your DVIR they can, and will, fix that for you because that's a safety issue.

tourists24

Employees in those positions expect to be out in the cold--there is no reason inside employees should have to work in a 45 degree hub.
45 degrees is what the thermostat is set at. That isnt what the actual temperature in the building is.. Just a couple of weeks ago when we were in a deep freeze the water pipes in our building burst. Ive been there almost 22 years and have never seen that happen

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
After measuring thousands of worker's body temps IE concluded 45 to be the optimum air temp for maximum production. As with all IE numbers, it is cast in stone and cannot be changed.

menotyou

bella amicizia
45 degrees is what the thermostat is set at. That isnt what the actual temperature in the building is.. Just a couple of weeks ago when we were in a deep freeze the water pipes in our building burst. Ive been there almost 22 years and have never seen that happen
If they kept they building at 60 degrees like OSHA has said they should, those pipes wouldn't have frozen. You can't put a price on stupid. Winter is here. Living close to Canada can get extremely cold.