Bumper scrape

oldngray

nowhere special
A number of years ago, one of our country drivers got sent out in the snow. Got stuck on his first stop. Three hours later got pulled out. management insisted he keep going. Got stuck at the second stop. Another 2-3 hours got going again. Management told him to keep going. Got stuck at the third stop, management finally told him he could come back. 9 hours on the clock, 3 packages delivered. As far as I know no one in our building has touched that record.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

Is he management now?

Rainman

Its all good.
Is he management now?
Happily retired. He was our steward. He laughed every time he told that story. He told management before he left the building that his route shouldn't even be dispatched that day. They finally caught on hours later.

Kmart sux. So does Walmart. And Orion.

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
We had a guy a couple of years ago get pulled out 3 times by a tow truck in the same day.

That record still stands as our benchmark.
I average one tow truck call every 4 years. It would be a lot more except for the fact that I keep a tow strap in the pkg car and whenever I get stuck all I have to do is hook it to the bumper and just stand there until someone with a 4x4 or a tractor happens to come by. Not once in 26 yrs has anyone with a 4x4 ever passed by without stopping to help.

Tough Guy

I see a lot of scrapes and dings happen just from drivers trying to get out of the building in the morning, myself included. Especially when they tell us to get certain trucks out for early airs. Sandwiched between poles and 1000s with platforms behind them. There's one bulk truck goes out early every day scrapes it's way out. Many centers have the overhead door to the right of where the metros are parked, so they have to get out of there spot, somehow swerve right at the end of the metro, then somehow swerve left to snake out the door at an angle. Crazy.

Dweezel

Tows are not accidents, unless you cause property damage or vehicle damage it's not a accident. Public road scrapes are not accidents. Someone's driveway would be a different story since it's property damage. During the winter my mechanic calls me "snowflake" because every time it snows I used to get stuck. Nowadays I learned and I just EC everything.

Sent using BrownCafe App

oldngray

nowhere special
Tows are not accidents, unless you cause property damage or vehicle damage it's not a accident. Public road scrapes are not accidents. Someone's driveway would be a different story since it's property damage. During the winter my mechanic calls me "snowflake" because every time it snows I used to get stuck. Nowadays I learned and I just EC everything.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Sometimes tows are accidents. It costs UPS money so it depends on the mood of that center whether the driver gets charged with an accident or not. I have seen it end up both ways.

oldngray

nowhere special
I was towed a couple of times but it was a long time ago. I wasn't charged with an accident then but my center later changed and did start counting tows as accidents.

Johney

If it costs the company they will charge you with an accident.

Resident know-it-all.
Wrong. I got towed (and the company got charged) numerous times over the years.

Never got charged with an accident.
In 26 yrs of driving I have never been charged with an accident for getting stuck and needing a tow truck.

Wrong!!
Like many other here, I had tows many times and was never charged with a accident.
Hmmmmm. Not so much.

HubBub

If they like you and/or think you are or will be productive you're fine. If they don't like you or think you're a slug they'll use it as a reason to give you the heave-ho. That would be my guess anyway.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
If they like you and/or think you are or will be productive you're fine. If they don't like you or think you're a slug they'll use it as a reason to give you the heave-ho. That would be my guess anyway.
Lmfao. Give you the heave-ho. Huh. Lol. Guess what. This is a teamster job. The dues you pay every month means they can't give you the heave-ho because they don't like you or think your a "slug". And in my two decades at this job let me tell you , no "slug" would even work two weeks here. If you mean following methods , following posted speed limits and servicing your customers is a "slug" than I "guess" I should have been fired years ago.