Bumping question

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
That’s what I thought but came here to double check. Do you know if there are exceptions to the rule? I was told if they were going to have a half day (like on a junk/bulk route) then a route driver could bump
In the east you must follow the work. If your route gets cut, you may bump to where the work is.

ManInBrown

can a bid route driver bump a non bid route driver. My understanding is once you bid a route that’s your route everyday and you can no longer jump around like a cover or non bid driver. Is that true and if so what are the exceptions to that rule
If that drivers route is in that day, he must do it. If his route gets cut, he becomes a cover driver and falls in where his seniority places him.

ManInBrown

In the east you must follow the work. If your route gets cut, you may bump to where the work is.
Its not that easy to find out where your work went. Good luck with that one. Start time 8:55 and you walk in at 8:50 and you think you’re tracking down where your work went. Lol. Doesn’t work like that. They spread it around on 4 different drivers. I’ve never seen a case where a driver was able to follow his work. You make it sound like it’s some easy fix. It has to be 50% of your work. No single route gets 50% of a cut routes work unless they put an extra route in and put all the work on that which would never happen.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Its not that easy to find out where your work went. Good luck with that one. Start time 8:55 and you walk in at 8:50 and you think you’re tracking down where your work went. Lol. Doesn’t work like that. They spread it around on 4 different drivers. I’ve never seen a case where a driver was able to follow his work. You make it sound like it’s some easy fix. It has to be 50% of your work. No single route gets 50% of a cut routes work unless they put an extra route in and put all the work on that which would never happen.

Sometimes, it's as easy as reading the Supplemental language.

Section 9-Route Changes

(a) Temporary:

"Other than the months of November and December if a bid area is changed fifty percent (50%) or more, the employee shall have the right to follow the portion in excess of fifty percent (50%) of the delivery stops. If the temporary change involves more than a two- way split, the driver shall select by seniority."

https://teamster.org/sites/teamster.org/files/06242014_77983_central_region-final.pdf

-Bug-

He isn’t following his work, he bumps to get the junk bulk stuff left in the building and leaves by noon, and someone else is left running his bid route.

542thruNthru

He isn’t following his work, he bumps to get the junk bulk stuff left in the building and leaves by noon, and someone else is left running his bid route.

For the 2nd time.

What region are you in and do you have a local rider you work under? Contract language will help you more then someone's opinion on here.

542thruNthru

Who is left to run his route? You?

EXQq.gif

RolloTony Brown Town

That’s what I thought but came here to double check. Do you know if there are exceptions to the rule? I was told if they were going to have a half day (like on a junk/bulk route) then a route driver could bump

Read your local contract language and ask your BA.

Something tells me that you want the junk route and you’re getting stuck with his route.