Buyout Info from Investors Meeting

CJinx

It'd be nice if we could have a single thread that both of you would contribute to that didn't degenerate into accusations of asshattery.

DOWNTRODDEN IN TEXAS

You don't like the free money from guarantee pay, why don't you ask to cater their meals? You know, make yourself useful... for a change.

Really? You couldn't come up with something better? Actually, I did help a former handler cater one event when he had surgery, and I didn't get paid until he did....6 months later. Sorry if my moral compass is different than yours as far as guarantee pay.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
It'd be nice if we could have a single thread that both of you would contribute to that didn't degenerate into accusations of asshattery.

I'll lay it out for you. Dano is a company operative, and most of what he does is to spread their lies or try and diffuse the anger many of us feel against Express right now. I don't like the way he operates, so if I have to stoop to "asshattery" to debunk his crap, so be it.

packageguy

From the Commercialappeal.com.......Smith and chief financial officer Alan B. Graf Jr. said they expect several thousand well-paid, long-tenured employees, including a "substantial" number from Greater Memphis, to happily walk out the door next May 31 with generous severance packages.

The buyouts will be offered to well-paid, long-tenured employees, primarily in the express division, based in Memphis, and a support unit, FedEx Services.
"It's a reasonably small number, but because they are highly compensated staff personnel, it's a big number on the bottom line on a go-forward basis," Smith said.

The number of buyouts and impact on Memphis probably won't be known until next spring. "We don't anticipate having more details about the voluntary buyouts until the second half of fiscal 2013," FedEx Express president and CEO David J. Bronczek said.

I think that meeting might of had a great lunch.....................lol