Buyout Q&A, Jan.22nd Update

The Mayor

You can, however, drive for a Ground contractor.

This proves the point of Mr. FedEx in which he rips on you and others. You don't know what your talking about or you are seriously mis-informed. Why would you think that I bolded this statement and underlined it? Could it be because I actually read all of the information regarding the buyout? Since you obviously don't know what your talking about and I am informed, having read the entire information, I will once again re-itterate. YOU CANNOT BE HIRED BY ANY OTHER FEDEX COMPANY. friendedEx Ground is a FedEx company.

FedEx Corp. holds all the rights, rules, and regulations of all FedEx companies. In the information (if you would of read it), stated that no employee would be allowed to work for any other FedEx company. One question in particular, (I forget what # it was), specifically asked about going over to Ground. You only get one guess as to what the answer is....but since I don't think you will get it right, I'll tell you. It was NO.

STFXG

You aren't going to ground. You would be working for a different company (abc deliveries inc) contracted to provide services to fedex ground. Does it specifically state that you cannot work for any company providing services to fedex? Would you not be able to work for an electrician that works on the belts at the building? Or a company providing van wash services for a FedEx building?

vantexan

You can, however, drive for a Ground contractor.

This proves the point of Mr. FedEx in which he rips on you and others. You don't know what your talking about or you are seriously mis-informed. Why would you think that I bolded this statement and underlined it? Could it be because I actually read all of the information regarding the buyout? Since you obviously don't know what your talking about and I am informed, having read the entire information, I will once again re-itterate. YOU CANNOT BE HIRED BY ANY OTHER FEDEX COMPANY. friendedEx Ground is a FedEx company.

FedEx Corp. holds all the rights, rules, and regulations of all FedEx companies. In the information (if you would of read it), stated that no employee would be allowed to work for any other FedEx company. One question in particular, (I forget what # it was), specifically asked about going over to Ground. You only get one guess as to what the answer is....but since I don't think you will get it right, I'll tell you. It was NO.

Not sure what you were reading, but in the Buyout Q&A it clearly states you can work as a driver for a Ground contractor. You can't be a handler or other such position where you are a regular employee of the Ground division, but as a driver you aren't working directly for FedEx. I could care less one way or another, my interest was finding out more about the buyout.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
Not sure what you were reading, but in the Buyout Q&A it clearly states you can work as a driver for a Ground contractor. You can't be a handler or other such position where you are a regular employee of the Ground division, but as a driver you aren't working directly for FedEx. I could care less one way or another, my interest was finding out more about the buyout.

Let me clarify it one more time. If you retire from FedEx, you are ineligible to work for any of the opcos in any capacity OR be a Ground contractor. If you get a buyout, I highly suspect the situation would be as The Mayor describes it. Managers who took the last buyout had to agree to never seek employment with any of the opcos. As others have said, as a Ground driver (not a contractor) there might be an opportunity to work for Joe Jones Inc., who is an ISP, and technically not FedEx, the corporation. I doubt that many ex-Express drivers have a desire to be even more of a slave for Mr. Smith in a Ground capacity.

bbsam

Staff member
Let me clarify one more time. I DO NOT WORK FOR GROUND. I WORK FOR BBSAM INC. FDX explicitly WILL NOT CONTRACT WITH AN INDIVIDUAL OR LLC OR ANYTHING BUT AN INCORPORATED ENTITY.

MAKAVELI

Let me clarify one more time. I DO NOT WORK FOR GROUND. I WORK FOR BBSAM INC. FDX explicitly WILL NOT CONTRACT WITH AN INDIVIDUAL OR LLC OR ANYTHING BUT AN INCORPORATED ENTITY.

You keep telling yourself that buddy. But everyone knows you are just an employee. An overpaid supervisor, that's it.

bbsam

Staff member
You keep telling yourself that buddy. But everyone knows you are just an employee. An overpaid supervisor, that's it.

That's what you guys don't ever seem to get. Yes, the contracts are heavily written in Fedex's favor, but if you know what the contract says, there are areas of opportunity. They aren't going to throw away a contract that is 95% favorable to them to screw themselves over the remaining 5%. But they know that few Express folks would persue it anyway. Doesn't mean it couldn't be done. Just because they have to leave the back door open doesn't mean they have to advertise it .

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
That's what you guys don't ever seem to get. Yes, the contracts are heavily written in Fedex's favor, but if you know what the contract says, there are areas of opportunity. They aren't going to throw away a contract that is 95% favorable to them to screw themselves over the remaining 5%. But they know that few Express folks would persue it anyway. Doesn't mean it couldn't be done. Just because they have to leave the back door open doesn't mean they have to advertise it .

You are an employee. The contract says otherwise, but Fred owns you.

bbsam

Staff member
If that fits your narrative, so be it. I suppose in the grander picture nobody is truly free anyway. However, in this country, we have some level of choice in what plantation we work on. I kinda like the one I show up at everyday.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I still say you could be the contractor since the company contracts with the corporate entity, not the individual. In effect, the individual is a signing officer of the corporate entity.

I'm just going by what the release said. They are being pretty strict. I don't have the exact wording in front of me, but they don't want anyone who takes a buyout to provide any services to the company in even a vendor capacity. Driving for a ground contractor was an explicit exception.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
Do you even know that what you wrote makes absolutely, positively, zero sense?

"End back to lurking"...really dude? Brackets are your friend. Please refrain from "speaking" Hypertext markup until you're at least semi-fluent.

Regards,

Nerds Everywhere

Dear "dude,"

I do not know hypertext markup and have no desire to learn it. The slashie is a trait carried over from forums such as Fark aand Reddit.

Nerds everywhere already know this.

Regards,
Dano

/having a great day
//how about you?
///just kidding; I don't really care
////you'll get over it

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
If that fits your narrative, so be it. I suppose in the grander picture nobody is truly free anyway. However, in this country, we have some level of choice in what plantation we work on. I kinda like the one I show up at everyday.

That's because you are an overseer for the Master, which puts you one level up above the help. My narrative is that Fred serves only one master, and that's Fred. Anything that stands between Fred and an additional dollar is in the Destruction Zone. I think that you're safe for now, especially since the new picture at the FedEx public website shows a picture of a Ground vehicle. And, it's not even upside-down or in the ditch. That's R-E-S-P-E-C-T.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
I'm just going by what the release said. They are being pretty strict. I don't have the exact wording in front of me, but they don't want anyone who takes a buyout to provide any services to the company in even a vendor capacity. Driving for a ground contractor was an explicit exception.

Hey, you're back. That means that we are a "concern" again. The one thing that Smith said in FTC is that administrative and staff positions were those that would be likely to be offered buyouts. Everything else is a pile of lies...as usual.

This whole conversation is academic anyway, because couriers are most likely not getting a buyout.

bbsam

Staff member
That's because you are an overseer for the Master, which puts you one level up above the help. My narrative is that Fred serves only one master, and that's Fred. Anything that stands between Fred and an additional dollar is in the Destruction Zone. I think that you're safe for now, especially since the new picture at the FedEx public website shows a picture of a Ground vehicle. And, it's not even upside-down or in the ditch. That's R-E-S-P-E-C-T.
We are earning the respect. Last picture of an Express truck was on it's side and the one before that had just run over a kid in a neighborhood.

bbsam

Staff member
My guess would be that your buyout checks would be coming in the mail in the form of unemployment checks.

MrFedEx

Engorged Member
We are earning the respect. Last picture of an Express truck was on it's side and the one before that had just run over a kid in a neighborhood.

You have earned nothing but our contempt. Ground is a ragtag bunch of derelicts pretending that they know what they're doing. They don't, and eventually that will become very clear to customers.

I eagerly await the day when Mr. Smith decides that his "business partners' are overpaid.