Bye Bye UPS

Over 70

Over 70 at the FedEx HQ!

0gvjP3.gif

Hahahaha

Over 70

Just on your way out? Wipe your :censored2: with the doo door browns (uniform.) Then pee on, and set on fire, no particular order. And all those things that left a bad taste in your mouth about UPS; spread like wildfire. Don't be shy about why you left the nightmare. Spread the word far and wide. Drastic reform for UPS drivers or they go out of business. Burn!

Trust me, I wouldn't recommend a soul work at my center unless you're 18 living with mom and dad with nothing on the ball. Then it could actually lead to a decent life since you have the time/means to wait out seniority.

Staydryitsraining

It's been a fun year driving at UPS but I just accepted a full time job with a local utility who are also teamsters. 4 year progression to top rate which depends on your job but is in mid 20's up to low 30's with a fraction of the workload and a 8-4 M-friend schedule outside occasional oncall/emergency.

Tons of different jobs within the organization both union and management. Good bennies, full pension at age 60 with at least 20 years service which is perfect for me being in my 30's.

My UPS center is a 10 year wait for full time in an economically shrinking region likely to see less future volume.

There were several hundred applicants and I lucked out thank God.

While an outsider may look at my time at UPS like a wasted year, I took alot away from big brown. I was a machine before I worked here, this place added another gear on me. I thought I had done all the crappy hard work one could, I found another type even though I loved driving. I can see how it's not for many.

The cafe was at least 25% responsible for my overwhelming success driving with all the great tips and advice contained in years of threads.

Thanks to all and I wish everyone the best.

Even management.
New york?

Tiereffinthree

Trust me, I wouldn't recommend a soul work at my center unless you're 18 living with mom and dad with nothing on the ball. Then it could actually lead to a decent life since you have the time/means to wait out seniority.

Truth. Even if the micromanagement, ridiculous workload and other BS was remotely tolerable; I had to acquaint myself all to well with the unemployment office based on the sheer # of days I was sent home first couple years. Spent years of my life waiting on the package car position and building it up in my head, only to get repeated swift kicks to the nads. Ah well live and learn as they say. My main impression, having it all behind menow, is having dodged a bullet. I've never come as close to aggravated assault as I did towards a center manager and on car I had to put up with. As someone from a rough area thats saying a lot. They can keep the 100k a year. At least I won't have a freakin aneurysm at a young age from coming in and looking at my 200+ stop cluster of a load one morning.

Truth. Even if the micromanagement, ridiculous workload and other BS was remotely tolerable; I had to acquaint myself all to well with the unemployment office based on the sheer # of days I was sent home first couple years. Spent years of my life waiting on the package car position and building it up in my head, only to get repeated swift kicks to the nads. Ah well live and learn as they say. My main impression, having it all behind menow, is having dodged a bullet. I've never come as close to aggravated assault as I did towards a center manager and on car I had to put up with. As someone from a rough area thats saying a lot. They can keep the 100k a year. At least I won't have a freakin aneurysm at a young age from coming in and looking at my 200+ stop cluster of a load one morning.
This job is what you make of it.

Tiereffinthree

This job is what you make of it.

Ah yeah that old gem. No the job is what the company makes it. Instead of biting the bullet and distributing an even workload it's "can't put in x number of routes today so people are going home or taking it in the rear and going home after 9 pm." Guarantee me not a second over 8 hours (maybe 9 on peak) and I'll shave my face and sign my name back on the board first thing Monday.

Ah yeah that old gem. No the job is what the company makes it. Instead of biting the bullet and distributing an even workload it's "can't put in x number of routes today so people are going home or taking it in the rear and going home after 9 pm." Guarantee me not a second over 8 hours (maybe 9 on peak) and I'll shave my face and sign my name back on the board first thing Monday.
You forget one inportant thing. Yes this job does suck on most days but we are living a lot better than most

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member

You seem angry.

wayfair

swollen member

We're pushing cardboard, not brain surgery...

once you can grasp that concept, it's easy money