C-Pac

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
This time around I think 'charisma' and machismo will be worth 0 to the voting public. The voters won't be blinded by rock stars again. The voters want to hear the candidate's ideas and SOLUTIONS for the problems in the country. The winner will be the guy/gal with the answers and specific solutions.
Woooohooo!
Stop! You're killing me with this stuff! Pure comedy gold I tell ya.
You really should consider doing some stand up :happy-very:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I thought Mitt Romney had a great line, I admit I spit my coffee over this one
[video=youtube;lLzpXffjiFM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lLzpXffjiFM[/video]

bbsam

Staff member
I think Beck's program is not the same as the speech at C-Pac. His program has too much dramatics for my taste, but when a recovering alcoholic compares our country about hitting rock bottom, I can understand that comaprison. We need to help ourselves !!
When a recovering alcoholic starts talking at the "level of press, radio, and films..." those listening should be very, very wary.

wkmac

I thought Mitt Romney had a great line, I admit I spit my coffee over this one

Romney should know. He built the slope and skis Obama used to make his run. Scott Brown helped Romney too and so much for Ted Kennedy being gone!

This also IMO further supports Jones' contention of the irrelevance of CPAC as any type voice of limited or fiscally responsible gov't.

tourists24

When a recovering alcoholic starts talking at the "level of press, radio, and films..." those listening should be very, very wary.

I think you should be very, very wary of ANYONE trying to prove why their political point is the right one

moreluck

golden ticket member
BBSAM......I will usually trust what a recovering alcoholic has to say. He's already faced his demons and is daily struggling and hopefully winning over his addiction. He doesn't look to other people to help him, but helps himself.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I didnt say if I thought they were relevant, just that I thought it was a good line. IMO Glenn Beck says things, and demonstrates them quite well. During his speech he didnt really say many things good about the GOP.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I guess when soberups makes a post, you'll disregard that as well? What other people should we be wary of now that Christians and Former Drunks are on your ignore list, huh?

bbsam

Staff member
I guess when soberups makes a post, you'll disregard that as well? What other people should we be wary of now that Christians and Former Drunks are on your ignore list, huh?
Uh, no. I would say that BC is a far cry from "press, radio, and films." And should you or any others care, I fit both descriptions myself. But then I'm not preaching to millions who know my name and face. I am in fact Anonymous.

bbsam

Staff member
BBSAM......I will usually trust what a recovering alcoholic has to say. He's already faced his demons and is daily struggling and hopefully winning over his addiction. He doesn't look to other people to help him, but helps himself.
One does not win over addiction he or she surrenders to it. We call it one of the paradoxes. Doesn't look to other people to help him? A narcissist like Beck would probably like people to believe that.

bbsam

Staff member
Hey Steve, what is an ignore list anyway? Steve? Are you there? Oh, that's an ignore list! I get it! LOL.:happy-very:

bbsam

Staff member
Uh, no. I would say that BC is a far cry from "press, radio, and films." And should you or any others care, I fit both descriptions myself. But then I'm not preaching to millions who know my name and face. I am in fact Anonymous.
And just to reinforce this point, perhaps my favorite biblical quote is, "It is not that which enters a man that corrupts him, but that which comes from him."

over9five

Staff member
And just to reinforce this point, perhaps my favorite biblical quote is, "It is not that which enters a man that corrupts him, but that which comes from him."

Holy crap, I always get scared when someone starts quoting the Bible....

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
Romney should know. He built the slope and skis Obama used to make his run. Scott Brown helped Romney too and so much for Ted Kennedy being gone!

This also IMO further supports Jones' contention of the irrelevance of CPAC as any type voice of limited or fiscally responsible gov't.
I will say that if Ron Paul got the nomination, or at least made a credible showing in the primaries, I would be forced to re-evaluate my low opinion of the republican party.