California UPSers: No on Prop 22

542thruNthru

I'm a vote NO on Prop 22 supporter.
20201003_182509.jpg

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
What’s funny is everybody on BrownCafe talking about how much California sucks, except for the ones that actually live here.

Why would anyone tell a business how to run their business? The only people you can blame are the people who work for Door Dash or Uber. The reason why these companies stay in business is people will willingly work for peanuts. And of course many consumers fund these cheap paying companies. I blame the worker and the consumer. If Prop 22 passes or not, the consumer and worker will continue in the same pattern. Dunkin Donuts and McD, Subway all terrible paying jobs, but American consumers support these low paying companies and people will go work for them at $8.50 an hour.

Last edited:
M

MenInBrown

What is more funny is that Union members believe that Democrats support the working men and women in this country.

Hoodwinked.
Very sad.

Democrats are anti business but claim to be pro worker. I still haven’t figured out how that can work.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
Why would anyone tell a business how to run their business? The only people you can blame are the people who work for Door Dash or Uber. The reason why these companies stay in business is people will willingly work for peanuts. And of course many consumers fund these cheap paying companies. I blame the worker and the consumer. If Prop 22 passes or not, the consumer and worker will continue in the same pattern. Dunkin Donuts and McD, Subway all terrible paying jobs, but American consumers support these low paying companies and people will go work for them at $8.50 an hour.
Are you a Teamster? Driver? If so your livelihood is based off of someone telling a business how to run their business. Don’t be a hypocrite.

I boycott these companies myself and wish everyone else would, but people are too stupid and weak to do it. The majority of our workforce will eventually go to this gig model if it’s not slowed down.

My fellow Teamsters should be thanking California for putting up this fight.

Are you a Teamster? Driver? If so your livelihood is based off of someone telling a business how to run their business. Don’t be a hypocrite.

I boycott these companies myself and wish everyone else would, but people are too stupid and weak to do it. The majority of our workforce will eventually go to this gig model if it’s not slowed down.

My fellow Teamsters should be thanking California for putting up this fight.
According to Big Union Guy unions don’t tell a business how to operate. I was a Teamster. I also don’t go to those establishments. But clearly many people do. Most of those complaining have no issues conducting business with a company that pays $8.50 an hour. Some of the largest, wealthiest companies in America are worst paying jobs.