California UPSers: No on Prop 22

542thruNthru

It was going to be a Mount Everest size up hill battle from the beginning. Supporters(Uber, lyift, GrubHub, Amazon) of Prop 22 shattered the fundraising record in CA history. The opposition was mainly volunteers.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
@von kaiser are you going to try and join the push in CA to organize Amazon?
Don’t know much about it in an official capacity, I haven’t worked since October, on family leave. When I get back I’ll talk to my local about it, they visit our building often.

Personally, I boycott Amazon and I convinced most of my family to as well. There’s not a lot to get me off the couch, but this will.

baklava

What I'm saying is the California voter, a majority liberal, doesn't care about labor issues or union rights or the workers in these jobs. They care only if it doesn't affect them.

Now union leadership will without question always support the candidate with the D by their name, always. By doing so, union becomes the politicians beotch, something you can take for granted and never have to please.
The Yes on 22 ads were slick, convincing, and relentless. Big tech spent nearly $200mil on the campaign.

You want to portray liberal California voters are selfish, rather I’d say they were ignorant to fall for the ads. It was easy to believe 22 was good for workers if you didn’t do your research. Also, in California, “yes” on a proposition usually means you’re supporting a new progressive law. The script was flipped this time.

Unions did what we could, but it was David vs Goliath, and Goliath won this time. It’s a shame.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
The Yes on 22 ads were slick, convincing, and relentless. Big tech spent nearly $200mil on the campaign.

You want to portray liberal California voters are selfish, rather I’d say they were ignorant to fall for the ads. It was easy to believe 22 was good for workers if you didn’t do your research. Also, in California, “yes” on a proposition usually means you’re supporting a new progressive law. The script was flipped this time.

Unions did what we could, but it was David vs Goliath, and Goliath won this time. It’s a shame.

Big Tech for sure is a bunch of limousine liberals. They care nothing about the working men and woman.

baklava

Big Tech for sure is a bunch of limousine liberals. They care nothing about the working men and woman.
The limousine liberals will slap “BLM” on everything because it’s good for business yet fight unionization that would actually benefit working minorities.

Wally

The limousine liberals will slap “BLM” on everything because it’s good for business yet fight unionization that would actually benefit working minorities.
$200 million. That tells you how much they think they will save on wages and taxes. Social Security savings alone are huge.

Wally

Corporate shelled out plenty of protection money to BLM. Fear works!

Foamer Pyle

Californians get what they deserve for supporting Democrats for 40 years. Where else can you live with human crap all over the streets, and homeless tent cities on every corner. 😂🤦‍♂️

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
What could you possibly be worried about? Middle-class Joe (complete with tailored jeans, penny loafers without socks, bomber jacket with collar up, Aviator sunglasses) is a true friend of Organized Labor! He'll pull something out of his bag of tricks to negate any chance that this proposal will pass. What's to worry?? We're a "grateful nation"!! They're even giving a medal to a cop that ran away from a mob that, according to the Left, was intent on killing Congressmen and obtaining the Football and Biscuit... What a friend-ing hero!!

Wally

Californians get what they deserve for supporting Democrats for 40 years. Where else can you live with human crap all over the streets, and homeless tent cities on every corner. 😂🤦‍♂️
You wouldn't know it from the media? Almost invisible. Doesn't seem to bother the citizens of that state much either or else it would be a huge political issue.

baklava

You wouldn't know it from the media? Almost invisible. Doesn't seem to bother the citizens of that state much either or else it would be a huge political issue.
It does. Unfortunately the voting majority wants to fix it by raising more taxes and blaming white supremacy.

Laws that do not allow people to live on the street need to be enforced and the laws that do need to be changed. Easy as that, but your typical woke will do mental gymnastics to convince themselves otherwise.

I have been lurking

Tired hubrat
FN15_Tactical_II_CA_Thumb-600x250.png