California

rod

Retired 22 years
Regarding the temp gauges on a lot of vehicles, the readings can not be trusted. Some (not all) have a tendency to read closer to the road surface. This seems more prevalent on two wheeled vehicles, whether motorized or not. The Garmin forum has a lot of info on that.

The outside temp gauge on my Harley is a worthless POS. No where near accurate. As long as the fuel gauge and the digital gizmo that tells me how many miles I have left before it runs out of gas are accurate (and they are) I don't care.

raceanoncr

The LA Basin will be in the high 80's today and the low deserts (where I deliver) will be in the low 90's.

TOS.

"...where I deliver"? Hmmmmm.....I thought you were the "A" driver on sleeper team that made the big CACH run this winter?

Ya know, where I come from, "UPS...The UNITED STATES"...this ain't how it works! You can't be "A" driver one week then "...where I deliver", delivery driver the next! You are "A" driver til next bid, you get forcibly removed, or die, or maybe NOT AT ALL! Huh? Oh, it's different in California, right?

You ain't a, "package driver" sometime, feeder driver sometime and sleeper driver sometime. You MUST be a feeder driver to be a sleeper driver. Oh, it's different in California, right?

You CANNOT bounce back and forth from package to feeder to sleeper at will.

So, Miss "Just-The-Facts-Maam", how 'BOUT some facts? Right?

Oh, go ahead and neg rate this again. I've given up on the pocket fisherman anyway.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
It would sure make for smaller jury services.........driving from San Clemente to Westminster during rush hour is cruel and unusual punishment .... I know, I did it. The next summons for jury duty I get, I'm tossing in the trash.

Ya, right in with your objectivity.

TOS.

MAKAVELI

Yes, records is what it's all about !!

According to the record charts, I better not say that in 2006, Jan. 6th it was 91 degrees because the records would prove me wrong .. Thanks for making my point!!! Also that none of those temp. readings on the charts are from Vespa or Harley gauges
You just can't admit when you are wrong. The point is that it does get hot in the winter here in California.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I never said it doesn't get hot in CA in the winter. I have roses at Xmas for pete's sake. The talk was about ONE DAY last weekend and it wasn't the temp that TOS said..........that's what this is about.......people exaggerating for their own end !!! I don't buy into it and I don't trust liars.

Pendleton says it's 45 degrees right now (6:05 am.) Want tell the Marines they can't read temperature gauges?

MAKAVELI

I never said it doesn't get hot in CA in the winter. I have roses at Xmas for pete's sake. The talk was about ONE DAY last weekend and it wasn't the temp that TOS said..........that's what this is about.......people exaggerating for their own end !!! I don't buy into it and I don't trust liars.

Pendleton says it's 45 degrees right now (6:05 am.) Want tell the Marines they can't read temperature gauges?
Like I said before ca has micro climates throughout the state, especially along the coast. Temperatures can vary even 5 mi apart. I'm sorry if you can't comprehend that concept.

moreluck

golden ticket member
I presented THAT CONCEPT with the Lake Forest to San Clemente scenario. I give up on you.....keep talking to yourself.

moreluck

golden ticket member
For the 10,000 time......he said he was in my area............my area is not Lake Forest and my area never reached the 80's that day.:censored2:

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
For the 10,000 time......he said he was in my area............my area is not Lake Forest and my area never reached the 80's that day.:censored2:

Its too bad you dont understand elevation and proximity. San Clemente is roughly 225 feet above sea level on the coast. Lake Forrest is roughly 475 feet in the hills.

The distance from San Clemente and Lake Forrest is less than 20 miles.

Riding through the canyons ( in a T Shirt ) in between San Clemente would be considered ( near your neighborhood ) as I said in my original post, we didnt get by the seedy side ( your neighborhood), we came close enough to be considered "YOUR NECK OF THE WOODS".

Considering I live in the High Desert, being in Lake Forrest puts me in your neighborhood vs being 110 mille away.

Cooks Corner was our final destination after riding Trabuco canyon and Santa Rancho Margarita.

Being in the hills, the temperatures are HOTTER than on the coastal areas.

Your need to argue has gotten the best of you. We know how to tell temperatures.

YOU posted weather for that day at 71 degrees and MOSTLY cloudy. This wasnt the case at all. Bikers dont ride in T Shirts in 71 degree weather and mostly cloudy.

Most of us recieved sunburns to our necks and faces.

You have NO IDEA where I rode despite your "For the 10,000 time......he said he was in my area" claim.

We covered 325 miles that day.

TOS.