Call for cutbacks but job fair??

Serf

The media says the economy is adding thousands of jobs a quarter and unemployment is down. But I feel as if they fail to mention they are service or retail jobs. Most for less than 15$ per hour and many part time. QUESTION; do any brown cafe regulars actually live and work in Memphis?

bacha29

The media says the economy is adding thousands of jobs a quarter and unemployment is down. But I feel as if they fail to mention they are service or retail jobs. Most for less than 15$ per hour and many part time. QUESTION; do any brown cafe regulars actually live and work in Memphis?
Of course the job numbers are going to look good..........when everybody's working 3 of them.

Artee

Sounds like the stations are going to be hiring casual drivers in the next few months. Sort of like the flex drivers Amazon has. For some reason people love to use their own cars to transport people, food, and packages. So FDX figures why not have them come in and deliver some of our freight.

McFeely

Huge Member
All of the casuals we have (had) at our station used FedEx vehicles. They all skipped working during peak (they didn't want to work too hard I guess), and I have only seen one of them in the last 4 weeks. It's a joke of a system IMO.

dezguy

Sounds like the stations are going to be hiring casual drivers in the next few months. Sort of like the flex drivers Amazon has. For some reason people love to use their own cars to transport people, food, and packages. So FDX figures why not have them come in and deliver some of our freight.
They tried that at my station and didn't get one single applicant. Not sure how Amazon does it or if they just weren't advertising it in the right place. Told a few people I know, who were in between jobs and they all just scoffed when they found out it was piece work and use your own vehicle.

bacha29

You have to be one of the dumbest people on the internet.
I know that you don't get to see much of the world from your mom's windowless basement but 13 million Americans work more than one job. And at my terminal when trailers didn't get pulled off my a certain time we contractors had to finish because package handlers were out the door and off to their second jobs.

Meat

For whom?

Oh, I don’t know. I wouldn’t say it’s a terrible thing that the mongoloids are buying the corporate interpretation of the economy.

Seeing that the economy is largely driven by consumer spending, somebody has to buy :censored2: they don’t need, and most certainly cannot afford.

It won’t be me of course; but to be honest with you, I’m pretty thankful for the Trump supporters that believe they’re profiting from the “greatest economy ever”.

bbsam

Staff member
Oh, I don’t know. I wouldn’t say it’s a terrible thing that the mongoloids are buying the corporate interpretation of the economy.

Seeing that the economy is largely driven by consumer spending, somebody has to buy :censored2: they don’t need, and most certainly cannot afford.

It won’t be me of course; but to be honest with you, I’m pretty thankful for the Trump supporters that believe they’re profiting from the “greatest economy ever”.
I agree. You wouldn’t believe how many Ground drivers are hard Trump supporters.
Makes me feel better about my job.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
I know that you don't get to see much of the world from your mom's windowless basement but 13 million Americans work more than one job. And at my terminal when trailers didn't get pulled off my a certain time we contractors had to finish because package handlers were out the door and off to their second jobs.

Your statement about the job numbers looking good is beyond stupid, even for you.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!

I'll take "The Economy Is Nothing Buy People Buying Things They Can't Afford" for 100, Alex.