Call tag sheeted "No English "

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
"Su feerma por favor"--signature please.

"Qual ess too apayeedo"--what is your last name?

"Nessesito un money order"--I need a money order.

Anything beyond that and I just call the center and let the customer talk to one of our OMS's who is bilingual.

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
I am in an area where there is a huge Spanish population, many of which are not full-fledged citizens of the United States.

The only time I'll converse with anyone in Spanish is when I know that they can also speak fluent English. I am more than happy to converse in either if they've made the effort to learn our language.

When I get the 'ol "me no English" from someone I immediately reply with "¿por que no?" (Why not?) and then proceed to tell them "no habla espanol" when they begin talking in their native tongue lol.

I love trolling these people that come here and then have the sand to think the average American should be able to understand them.

barnyard

KTM rider
I had 11 boxes for an Asian family yesterday. I think 3 generations were living in 1 house. Anyways, grandma opened the garage door for me, I was making 3 trips with the 2 wheeler and in loud, slow English said, "please leave the door open."

She kept saying, "OK, OK."

and shut the garage door.

Thankfully, one of the grandkids (I think) was home and opened the garage door again. Then a bunch more came out and grabbed the rest of the boxes so I only had to make 2 trips.

nice.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
I am in an area where there is a huge Spanish population, many of which are not full-fledged citizens of the United States.

The only time I'll converse with anyone in Spanish is when I know that they can also speak fluent English. I am more than happy to converse in either if they've made the effort to learn our language.

When I get the 'ol "me no English" from someone I immediately reply with "¿por que no?" (Why not?) and then proceed to tell them "no habla espanol" when they begin talking in their native tongue lol.

I love trolling these people that come here and then have the sand to think the average American should be able to understand them.

I don't mind conversing in Spanish with older Spanish speakers because I figure they're too old to learn English, but the younger ones are SOL. There are tons of churches in my area that offer free English classes. Help yourself out and take one.

rod

Retired 22 years
I know that English is a very hard language to learn and consider myself quite patient when it comes to trying to understand what others are trying to say. That being said--if you haven't mastered the English language please don't take a job at a major airport announcing the flight changes like we all experienced at the Minneapolis airport last Sunday. What a cluster ----.

clean hairy

When folks say "no English", I reply with "no Spanish"
You make NO attemp to speak in our language, too bad!
I don't know your language, and have no interest in learning it, you learn OUR language!
Don't even get me started on the Foreign Athletes who have played here 3 or 4 yrs and STILL speak through an interpreter!
The greatest form of disrespect those folks can show!
Rant over!

superballs63

Well-Known Troll
Troll
"Su feerma por favor"--signature please.

"Qual ess too apayeedo"--what is your last name?

"Nessesito un money order"--I need a money order.

Anything beyond that and I just call the center and let the customer talk to one of our OMS's who is bilingual.

Zapatos, pantalones el pollo negro. Just say those three and watch them walk away VERY confused , aa that would literally mean "shoes, pants, the black chicken"

upsbeernut

Sometimes i feel like a nut sometimes i dont
Zapatos, pantalones el pollo negro. Just say those three and watch them walk away VERY confused , aa that would literally mean "shoes, pants, the black chicken"
Black chicken is when you walk away from your grill too long to get a beer or it could mean something else. El Pollo negro, Ill have to ask at work.