Call your local State Representative

Hethatbeking

After reading this :censored2: proposal at least two things are clear. First, the union and UPS have no qualms about working us to death. Second, overtime no longer serves it's original purpose. It's time we start demanding an overhaul of DOT laws at the state level and nationally. Overtime was originally created to dissuade companies from requiring excessive ot, but now employers see it simply as a cost of doing business.

M

MenInBrown

After reading this :censored2: proposal at least two things are clear. First, the union and UPS have no qualms about working us to death. Second, overtime no longer serves it's original purpose. It's time we start demanding an overhaul of DOT laws at the state level and nationally. Overtime was originally created to dissuade companies from requiring excessive ot, but now employers see it simply as a cost of doing business.

Need to start contacting any union representative that has been voted in and remind them their ice is gone.

The Real Jack RyanMI6

I agree (unfortunately) with all three at once, i see all of your points i dont have the data in front of me however this is something that has been on my mind. I will say this, both the union and UPS, used the media to publish our incomes to the world. If you have the same rounte and i live at the end of your day all i need to do is basic math and sit in my lawn chair fir 2 weeks and ill be + - 5% of your yearly total. So my question is how do each of them benefit from this. Take your first 5 answers and throw them away way too easy and obvious. If we are going to expose this contract for the insidious vomit it is ... we need to see the whole board as they say

Brownpants80

Cant we threaten to decertify the union? If they dont push for what's right and fight for us like there supposed to, I would assume other unions would jump at the thought if taking over ups.

M

MenInBrown

Cant we threaten to decertify the union? If they dont push for what's right and fight for us like there supposed to, I would assume other unions would jump at the thought if taking over ups.

I believe I read on another thread that if we decertify, we would have to wait a year to organize again? Anyone please correct me if I wrong on that. I would love to have that bargaining power, but a whole year with no protection? They would fire everyone of us.

Brownpants80

I don't think they would fire everyone, not with peak so soon. I'm not sure how it works I googled it and figured hey what else do we have to lose? Worth the thought at least and some research.

Integrity

Binge Poster
I believe I read on another thread that if we decertify, we would have to wait a year to organize again? Anyone please correct me if I wrong on that. I would love to have that bargaining power, but a whole year with no protection? They would fire everyone of us.
I disagree with decertification as a solution.

Support of Union Leadership is the answer.

Participation in the democratic process of unionism over the long run is the answer.

The long standing relationship and practice of the UPS/Teamsters relationship and practice didn't happen over night.(1916)

Problems will not be fixed overnight either.

Here is some online facts about the process of decertification.

It is not done by magic wand. It is done by a process. Individuals will have to organize to accomplish this process.

I do not recommend this. I recommend supporting your leaders. Even if you don't like them. But is is certainly within your rights and it is within the union democratic process to seek decertification.

Have at it and see how it works for you.

Decertification election | NLRB

Last edited:

Integrity

Binge Poster
Look at management. Look at the quality and practices of many in management.

They are not Union.

They still have jobs.

Your "they will fire everyone of us" argument doesn't fit in reality.

They may make unchecked (unchecked by union) changes that cause many to not see this as a job that they want anymore and many may quit.

I think that is more of a possibility than everyone being fired.

IMO The need for the Union in the culture of UPS cannot be overstated.