Called ":censored:" by supervisor!

P

pickup

Throw a rock through one of his house windows with the word" :censored2:" written on it. Nah , just kidding. If you can't get an apology from him, then a week later, bump into him "by accident" from behind and as you do, slap a sign on his back that reads ":censored2:" . Apologize for the "accidental contact" and walk away.

fxdwg

Long Time Member
Is the OP's real name Chester Dumas?

[video=youtube;IPTfwW89UIY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IPTfwW89UIY[/video]

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Hey you little Irish illegal immigrant.... PT Stewie
You been mentioned in a few posts (if they meant you)....

I think on the immigration thread.
Someone has it in for the Irish, I tell ya ! LOL
I am am definitley Irish and getting my dual citizenship but I am not so little.As a matter of fact me nick name is "the big fella" after Mick Maguire himself.

Braveheart

Here is my suggestion--when you go to work Monday tell your supervisor that you would like to talk to him for a minute after your shift is over and things have quieted down. Take this opportunity to express your concerns in an informal manner. Let him know that you felt that his comment was unwarranted and relaying that comment over the radio was unprofessional. Tell him of your 18 years of misload free sorting. I would hope that he would take this opportunity to apologize for the comment although I wouldn't count on it.

I disagree.

Not filing shows that you will not stand up to them and in so gives them the green light to treat you and others as dirt.

We are all on the target list/radar. Who cares.

I see guys treated like dirt year after year.

The ones who file for legit stuff and refuse to retract it are the ones who get the most respect.

Now to file 5 grievances a day would be asking for trouble.

Call the 1-800 # for sure and file as well.

These guys continue to get away with this BECAUSE no one stands up to them.

If you called him a :censored2:, do you think you would have only been given a talk to??

mech1

Bepo don't ever let any sup in that place talk to you like that,they feed off it all you need to do is grab that sup and his manager and your steward and take him up to the office and don't come out until you get an apology.Explain to them that if you cannot reslove it here today you will be taking it to the labor manager.

THE STIG

i agree with getting an simple " im sorry" from this loser. call the 1 800 number file your complaint and when is unemployed (because ups doesnt care about anyone, labor or managment) you can drive by and call him a :censored2: for making the comment and losing his job lol

UPSSOCKS

i agree with getting an simple " im sorry" from this loser. call the 1 800 number file your complaint and when is unemployed (because ups doesnt care about anyone, labor or managment) you can drive by and call him a :censored2: for making the comment and losing his job lol

I'll bet you your huge 10k a year earnings that if this person calls the 1-800 number nothing happens....

THE STIG

10k? how can you put that up when half of it goes to your crappy dental and health insurance plan? dont act like supervisors ecspecially part time brains are bankin. come on be honest lol

rama'nfeeders

Stop your asking and start your writing! I would first write a letter to the CEO of UPS, the region, district,employee relations manager of the district, HR and the EEOC! I would also file a grievance w/ the union. It's obvious not a monetary grievance it's to get an apology in front of the union and the management team. It also goes on file and youmay prevent this knucklehead from being promoted in the future.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Stop your asking and start your writing! I would first write a letter to the CEO of UPS, the region, district,employee relations manager of the district, HR and the EEOC! I would also file a grievance w/ the union. It's obvious not a monetary grievance it's to get an apology in front of the union and the management team. It also goes on file and youmay prevent this knucklehead from being promoted in the future.

You guys are making a mountain out of a molehill. I still think the best thing to do is to sit down with the supervisor after the sort and tell him in no uncertain terms that you did not appreciate what was said or the manner in which it was said and that you would like an apology.

Writing letters to everyone but Santa Claus will only make matters worse. Keep it in house.

FracusBrown

Ponies and Planes
Go ahead. Call it in, write letters, call the cops, put it on a billboard. Everyone will get a chuckle out of it and you'll prove there's no doubt whether you deserved to be called the name in the first place.

UPSSOCKS

Go ahead. Call it in, write letters, call the cops, put it on a billboard. Everyone will get a chuckle out of it and you'll prove there's no doubt whether you deserved to be called the name in the first place.

I like that response.... Let me find some positive rep...

mech1

Maybe you feel its ok for people to treat you like **** and thats your preference.But as MGMT you are to conduct yourself professionally the problem with MGMT is that they need to reread the U.P.S conduct of business ethics and treat your empolyees with respect. P.s cheryl I think I got the hang of this editing stuff maybe I can be a mod someday.

sano

Do you work at the same UPS I do?
Where I work the profanity starts at the guard shack and is pretty much nonstop till you get back to the guard shack at the end of the day.
I make it a practice to not cuss but it is hard in this environment.
Lets switch it around. If a worker calls management a derogatory name should they be disciplined?

bepo

So here is an update yesterday the same supervisor comes up to the trailer that I am loading and starts throwing packages in. There are already 3 of us in a trailer stacking and loading. I jump out of the trailer to let him know that isn't his job. He positions his face really close to mine, and yells "GET BACK INTO THE TRAILER", he then jerks foward sticking his chest out and yells "I'M INTRUCTING YOU TO GET BACK INTO THE TRAILER" and then again he jerks forward and sticks his chesst out and yells,"":censored2: YOU! GET BACK INTO THE FU*KING THE TRAILER! FU*KING S*IT..". I had to move back each time to aviod contact, he was trying to bump chests with me. I got back into the trailer and the other 2 in the trailer said they saw everything. I really felt like he wanted to hit or fight me. I tell the full time sup with a witness that I what has happened. Today I am called into the office for a meeting with the manager and they say they are going to retrain him and that he invaded my space, then they add that they have been noticing me loading slower lately and let me know that they are going to terminate me if they see me purposely slowing down the sort. (Retaliation crap)

What the the hell???? I have not been loading/sorting slower. If I had wouldn't they have written me up by now.

I went to the union they have filed a grievance including the ":censored2:" comment and now this invasion of space/threat incident under article 37. The union said that they don't recommend that I call the 1-800 number coz the company is judge and jury. But I now have heard from a pt sup that he has actually yelled at another pt sup in the same way coz he didn't get the employees he wanted when radioed for help. Should I call the 1-800?

I do not feel safe around this guy, the union said not to get a restraing order coz I will be the one locked out of work. I feel like I am just waiting to get hit by this guy.

I've already been moved closer to this guy when I complained about the the :censored2: comment, now I feel like they going to have me carrying his clipboard or some crap if I tell them in the greiv meeting that I want to be seperated.

I want this crap to end now! I'm 55 years old, I'm to old for this immature crap. I'm in NY, I hope they send his ass back to NJ.

My BA said that even though I have a clean record, they are going to try to turn this whole incident onto me.

I have a meeting soon for the grievance ,any advice when I am up there with the labor manager?

Last edited:

Catatonic

Nine Lives
Well bepo, what have you learned?
You were warned by several people that your approach was not going to work out to well for you.
Some people can take advice from others and not have to suffer the pain and then others have to feel the pain.
We all have these type of times in our life but the important question now is, "What are you going to do?" You can learn from this or you can continue what you have been doing and be stressed out and in jeopardy of losing your job.
Stress is not a good thing for your mental or physical health.
Hope things work out for you.

bepo

I hear what you are saying. And yes I am stressed about this. I have two teenagers and it really is starting to put a strain on our relationship. Workplace stress suck. But I also want respect and dignity. At what cost, I really dunno.

Well bepo, what have you learned?
You were warned by several people that your approach was not going to work out to well for you.
Some people can take advice from others and not have to suffer the pain and then others have to feel the pain.
We all have these type of times in our life but the important question now is, "What are you going to do?" You can learn from this or you can continue what you have been doing and be stressed out and in jeopardy of losing your job.
Stress is not a good thing for your mental or physical health.
Hope things work out for you.