Calling all mechanics

MechanicForBrown

Prblm found,part on order
i like it allot. it is a whole nother world compared to the sort. i work in oak creek WI. my pay is still in my 12 month progression, i am currently at $22 something with a top pay around $25. i previously worked full time at an international truck dealership as a mechanic so i am waiting to go to the journeyman side of things and work on the tractors. there are a couple journeymen retiring this summer but i am thinking with this economy that they will not be filling those positions right away. on the brighter side of things i guess it is better to not be promoted as soon as i would have hoped than to get laid off.

Loving your job is half the battle! Well welcome to automotive charged! You'll love tractors, so much better than package car, especially on the body!! I was in tractor for about 9 months then came back to package for the hours, and the overtime, wishing I can go back soon though!

dragracer66

Hello, is there any other mechanics out there on the BC?
If not, thats o.k too. I'll enjoy any conversation with anyone else, just have not met any mechanics on the BC yet!
As a new guy around here I would love to hear and chat with other users from around the country and see what it's like in your area.
Also any solid advice for a 3 year newbie like me to survive in the world of UPS until retirement would be helpful, and I understand I'm not a driver or loader/un loader, or a Teamster member but I think we're all brothers and sisters and would appreciate any good advice!
Welcome to the BC MFB!!! 19 1/2 year mechanic here also in the IAM. I'm also a steward if you may have any questions. I work days and I am a 7 man. I really don't want to disclose my work location but I will say I'm on the east coast sitting under about 14" of snow!!! To many management people lurking on here just waiting for somebody to type something they can use. We were also warned at a pcm one time to watch what we type on the "internet" about UPS but I knew what they where referring to!!! Enjoy!!! Feel free to pm me or post on here any questions you may have, I've seen, heard, and done it all!!!!:happy2:

upssup

Mechanic turned Supervisor here (don't hate the playa). Loved tractors best position in the shop. Most of the drivers are respectful of the mechanics at least here in the midwest.