Calling All Small Package and Feeder Drivers

Orion inc.

I like turtles
I totally get what you are saying. My husband has been screwed by ups numerous times. This is more about your personal pride as a safe driver. My personal obvervation is that ups has one of the best benifit packages available. Day to day sucks but look at the big picture down the road. There is a payoff. Nobody likes to work otherwise you would tell everyone would I am going to fun today. Suck it up and deal with it. I honestly think you are just a bunch of cry babies. I have worked for a company for 20 years. The most I can get is 4 weeks vacation and a 401k that I can't get for another 15 years.

So you pretty much think anyone at ups is a bunch of crybabies because of the way we are compensated? So you think your husband is one as well?

If you want "better benefits " where you work, you can always get together and unionize and fight for them like generations of upsers did and do.

Otherwise you might want to refrain from generalized statements on assuming you know what it's like at ups because you're married to one.

Brown Now

I know people who have competed in this. Ive watched as well at my state. There is a lot that goes into it. It's a game of inches when it comes to the skills course. The pretrip inspection is timed and you have to find defects that have been planted. The written test deals with state and federal laws, rules and regulations. FedEx Freight, ConWay and Wal-Mart Transportation are the dominant players now. Back in the day it was Yellow Freight, Roadway Express and Consolidated Freightways. It is actually pretty cool to watch and compete. It's tough. I've seen Grand Champions at the state level come in dead last at the National level. Don't do it for the company, do it for yourself. If you think you're good at what you do and you like a challenge, try it. The boys in purple will be waiting for you. Good luck.

Operational needs

Virescit Vulnere Virtus
One last message then I'll shut up....u do realize u have 144k posts...I mean seriously........
Seriously, why are you worried about what he does? It doesn't effect you, doesn't cost you anything. It's what he does. Some men golf, some work on cars, some jog. He posts on BC. So what. His wife is the only person who should care enough about what he does. She has a piece of paper giving her that right. You're like the guy at work who is always worried about how many stops everybody else has and what time they punch out.

I know people who have competed in this. Ive watched as well at my state. There is a lot that goes into it. It's a game of inches when it comes to the skills course. The pretrip inspection is timed and you have to find defects that have been planted. The written test deals with state and federal laws, rules and regulations. FedEx Freight, ConWay and Wal-Mart Transportation are the dominant players now. Back in the day it was Yellow Freight, Roadway Express and Consolidated Freightways. It is actually pretty cool to watch and compete. It's tough. I've seen Grand Champions at the state level come in dead last at the National level. Don't do it for the company, do it for yourself. If you think you're good at what you do and you like a challenge, try it. The boys in purple will be waiting for you. Good luck.

NonDeliverOtherMissed

Seriously, why are you worried about what he does? It doesn't effect you, doesn't cost you anything. It's what he does. Some men golf, some work on cars, some jog. He posts on BC. So what. His wife is the only person who should care enough about what he does. She has a piece of paper giving her that right. You're like the guy at work who is always worried about how many stops everybody else has and what time they punch out.
The ONLY reason I ever said anything about him being on here so much is ONLY because he said once he punches out, he wants nothing to do with UPS...was just pointing out the oxy-maroon.....I could give give 2 :censored2:s what he does with his time...but don't say one thing and do another...who are you anyways ? His bodyguard lover?
Yes, go hang out with Dave.

You two would make a cute couple.
go play with your turtles

I really appreciate this post. At least there is 1 person out there that gets it. It is more about your personal pride as a safe driver than the company you work for or how they treat you. I learned some tough lessons about what this forum is all about. Most of the people who post on here should just be greatfull to have a job with good pay and better than average benefits. We have people starving in our own country and would cut off their right arm to have a job that puts food on the plate and a roof over their heads.