Calling in Sick...

UPSGUY72

I calling ask for a SUP when one gets on the phone I say I'm booking off and they say ok. Well that depends on the SUP that answers the phone sometimes I get the sob story we really need you today I say sorry you know I would come in if I could but I can't but I'll probably be in tomorrow.

In the Building I started in and hope to get back to this year when you call in the AM OMS lady answers and after you tell her who you are she says you coming in or not you say not and she ok....

Cementups

Box Monkey
I called in once from the beach. Stepped out onto the deck so I wouldn't wake my friends. Just told them I wasn't feeling well and wouldn't be coming in. No way no how. Got to work the following Monday and was told by my on-car, "Next time you call in sick from the beach you may want to close the door so we don't hear the seagulls."

I also called in once from Detroit. I had gone to see the car show. We had had a bad snow storm back home just as I was leaving my home turf. The OMS answers the phone and I told her I was sick. She asked if it was just because of the snow. She said, "we can have someone come and get you. We really need you. Where are you?" I said, "I'm in Detroit. How soon can you be here?" Never heard someone hang up the phone so quick. :D

working up a sweat

I work the midnight shift. I went out to my car at 11:30 and the battery was dead.
I called in and and said I can't come in because my battery is dead. The Sup told me to go knock on a heighbors door and ask for a jump.
I said it's 11:30 at night and you think I'm going to wake up people to get a jump. He says yes. I said I won't be in, see you tommorrow.

bleedinbrown58

That’s Craptacular
My loader called in one time and said he had a bone in his foot

Sent using BrownCafe App
This one guy who use to load next to me called off for 3 days...said he broke his big toe playing basketball on the weekend. He comes in 3 days later, not even limping. The center manager at the time demamded a doctors note to clear him to return to work....so he quit amd walked out....lol. :nobrainzombis:

just chillin'

Rest in peace wooba
back in the 90s, i had to call in from Jamaica. was supposed to fly home on a sunday afternoon to make the preload that night. snow storm closed airport in new york and by the time i was able to contact airline and book another flight, i couldn't get one until the following thursday! 4 extra days in negril.

Ouch

Ring ring, ups, this is ( my name here ) I'm sick and will not be there today. (Ups) you don't sound sick. (Me) well I just had sex with my sister is that sick enough for you? ( ups ) hope you feel better. Lol lol lol lol.

elo

Trying to figure out where they hid the body.
I called in one day when I got home and discovered my kitchen ceiling was in the floor. They didn't believe me and begged me to come in since no one could cover my PM OMS shift. So I hung up and sent these they finally left me alone, told me to take the rest of the week.
1780725_596184556342_881931248_n.jpg
1654423_596184536382_1753521263_n.jpg
1970846_596184431592_1293459408_n.jpg

I called off sick one time(shocking I know) went fishing! later on that day I looked down the creek and there was my center manager!..He said you aren't feeling good too? Got an extra beer?..lmao...The good ole days!

oldngray

nowhere special
I called off sick one time(shocking I know) went fishing! later on that day I looked down the creek and there was my center manager!..He said you aren't feeling good too? Got an extra beer?..lmao...The good ole days!

Ever have a sup do a drive by at your house to check on you after you called in sick? Just because they were so concerned about your welfare of course. :laughing2: