Supervisor retaliation for nothing.

DJdriver

A sup today never called me for work but I still showed up to check if they need me, and surprise…, found out she called like 11 other drivers from another center and gave them nice routes and easy stuff, when I asked her if she has work for me she said I’m an extra today LoL, so I explain to her the situation that she must use me before those drivers because if they come to work in my center I have priority to work and she should’ve called me and give me an assignment before these other drivers, but she seems not to understand, then when I ask her what she wants me to do so she tell me to unload 2 trucks and load them into another 2 trucks, I wanted a route or something else other than unloading trucks or t least a phone call to let me know I’m working, I ended up given work by other supervisor but what do you guys think of this behavior? And what should be done? Can I still file?

542thruNthru

A sup today never called me for work but I still showed up to check if they need me, and surprise…, found out she called like 11 other drivers from another center and gave them nice routes and easy stuff, when I asked her if she has work for me she said I’m an extra today LoL, so I explain to her the situation that she must use me before those drivers because if they come to work in my center I have priority to work and she should’ve called me and give me an assignment before these other drivers, but she seems not to understand, then when I ask her what she wants me to do so she tell me to unload 2 trucks and load them into another 2 trucks, I wanted a route or something else other than unloading trucks or t least a phone call to let me know I’m working, I ended up given work by other supervisor but what do you guys think of this behavior? And what should be done? Can I still file?
What supplemental agreement are you under?

Brownwind

Good news is you have work. What supplement are you under? It will help with the response you receive.

Savage21

#1 Saturday driver ✊
Best advice... Keep your mouth shut and talk to a steward.

I don't see the retaltion based on your brief statement either. I think you're just not understanding how things work. I guarantee your sup didn't "call" 11 drivers from other centers. That's impossible.

10:30 resi

Are you a seniority part time employee? If you weren't scheduled to drive then why didn't you come in for your part time shift?

10:30 resi

Were the drivers that came from another center full time employees that would've been laid off or 'extra' as you called it otherwise?
Screenshot_20240526-001724.png

DJdriver

Best advice... Keep your mouth shut and talk to a steward.

I don't see the retaltion based on your brief statement either. I think you're just not understanding how things work. I guarantee your sup didn't "call" 11 drivers from other centers. That's impossible.
Yes he did, 7 tcds and 4 full times. Things work this way, work is always by seniority of course, full timers can get work in any center over tcds from that center, but other tcds can’t get work from another center unless all tcds are being used from that center. If for example I left home and didn’t met that sup on my way out, I could file on any tcd who worked in my center and get paid. Unfortunately it is possible and it happened today and it happens all the time, maybe rules are different for you in the hub you are at but in my hub this is the rules, retaliation is because I already made a complaint about that same sup and got money out of it before and they just hate when you are right. Read the contract, it’s good to know your rights.
Are you a seniority part time employee? If you weren't scheduled to drive then why didn't you come in for your part time shift?
because they had work and needed drivers and I have priority to that work before tcds from another center. The sup was trying to skip me, I’m a part time tcd yes but we work 14 hours between preload and driving.

DJdriver

Were the drivers that came from another center full time employees that would've been laid off or 'extra' as you called it otherwise?View attachment 485481
Nope, nobody is laid off, the drivers brought in some are full times and others are tcds, when it come to tcds I should be already assigned a task before them, instead I wasn’t called to work until I went there I told me I need to be working before these guys then they give me work.

Savage21

#1 Saturday driver ✊
Yes he did, 7 tcds and 4 full times. Things work this way, work is always by seniority of course, full timers can get work in any center over tcds from that center, but other tcds can’t get work from another center unless all tcds are being used from that center. If for example I left home and didn’t met that sup on my way out, I could file on any tcd who worked in my center and get paid. Unfortunately it is possible and it happened today and it happens all the time, maybe rules are different for you in the hub you are at but in my hub this is the rules, retaliation is because I already made a complaint about that same sup and got money out of it before and they just hate when you are right. Read the contract, it’s good to know your rights.

because they had work and needed drivers and I have priority to that work before tcds from another center. The sup was trying to skip me, I’m a part time tcd yes but we work 14 hours between preload and driving.
You have a valid point then. We have the same ish going on here in my center. I've heard 1 or 2 of them complaining about it. Being skipped over. Management is clearly just trying to be sneaky and pick the fastest ones.

File away young man.

That is a very tough position to be in right now. Hope it gets better soon. I do notice we're working reg temps a lot more frequently now. Used to be just Saturdays now it's at least 2-3 times a week.