Supervisor retaliation for nothing.

542thruNthru

Maintenance man.
giphy-24.gif

Johney

I'm assuming you're a set pension not a contribution based pension?

I only say this because here you'd just take a leave of absence and work for the local while building your pension more and more, then retire once you were completely done.
Well I’m not 100% sure how he’s doing it what I do know is he was a couple years behind me in seniority, a shop steward for a good while doing a lot for them, taking leaves for elections and other union stuff. He disappeared right before peak one year and never came back. Found out he went to work for the local full time.

10:30 resi

I do notice we're working reg temps a lot more frequently now. Used to be just Saturdays now it's at least 2-3 times a week.
Reg temp is a seasonal position. In the Atlantic area they are to be used as package drivers from the full week containing may 15 until the 15th of January. Except in the great and formidable local 639 where our leadership has made a side deal with the company to allow to them to drive on Saturday year round. TCD is a different supplement with different rules and I believe under their supp TCDs can be used any day of the week the whole year round.

Yes he did, 7 tcds and 4 full times. Things work this way, work is always by seniority of course, full timers can get work in any center over tcds from that center, but other tcds can’t get work from another center unless all tcds are being used from that center. If for example I left home and didn’t met that sup on my way out, I could file on any tcd who worked in my center and get paid. Unfortunately it is possible and it happened today and it happens all the time, maybe rules are different for you in the hub you are at but in my hub this is the rules, retaliation is because I already made a complaint about that same sup and got money out of it before and they just hate when you are right. Read the contract, it’s good to know your rights.

because they had work and needed drivers and I have priority to that work before tcds from another center. The sup was trying to skip me, I’m a part time tcd yes but we work 14 hours between preload and driving.
Nope, nobody is laid off, the drivers brought in some are full times and others are tcds, when it come to tcds I should be already assigned a task before them, instead I wasn’t called to work until I went there I told me I need to be working before these guys then they give me work.
Looks like you know the rules over there pretty good and already knew the answers to your questions? If you want something to file, file seniority. If one of these TCDs from a different worked more hours than you and you request to be made whole in every way maybe you can be paid for the delta between your hours worked and their hours worked.

Savage21

#1 Saturday driver ✊
Reg temp is a seasonal position. In the Atlantic area they are to be used as package drivers from the full week containing may 15 until the 15th of January. Except in the great and formidable local 639 where our leadership has made a side deal with the company to allow to them to drive on Saturday year round. TCD is a different supplement with different rules and I believe under their supp TCDs can be used any day of the week the whole year round.
We're working reg temps for the whole week in my center.

We're working reg temps for the whole week in my center.
Well yeah it's after may 15. If they were working outside of Saturday before the week of May 15 then you've got a problem and I would hope one of the numerous stewards you've got over there would have addressed it.

Savage21

#1 Saturday driver ✊
Well yeah it's after may 15. If they were working outside of Saturday before the week of May 15 then you've got a problem and I would hope one of the numerous stewards you've got over there would have addressed it.
What's the significance of may 15th? Sorry.

Up until May 15 10% of employees in a center are able to book off for vacation at one time. Starting the week of May 15 until the second week of november, 15% of employees can be off for vacation at one time. Idea is with more vacations the company has more holes to fill and so reg temps work to cover for heavy vacation weeks

DJdriver

You have a valid point then. We have the same ish going on here in my center. I've heard 1 or 2 of them complaining about it. Being skipped over. Management is clearly just trying to be sneaky and pick the fastest ones.

File away young man.

That is a very tough position to be in right now. Hope it gets better soon. I do notice we're working reg temps a lot more frequently now. Used to be just Saturdays now it's at least 2-3 times a week.
True my friend, the problem is by testimony of my other supervisor and the center manager they always praise me for being efficient when it comes to stops completed in one hours, that same day it was 21 stops/h and it was apartments, the problem this sup has is personal with me, just trying to make my life hard.
Wtf do you mean she never called you, but you showed up? Do you not work on a sort?
in my center we do preload and if we don’t get a call to drive we still can show up to ask if they need our help or not, we can do that in other center if no work is in our center, as a tcd even if you get the call to work you can still say no, and for people in preload sometimes they finish at 7:30 and start time for driving is 9:30, so people are already home waiting for a call.
Looks like you know the rules over there pretty good and already knew the answers to your questions? If you want something to file, file seniority. If one of these TCDs from a different worked more hours than you and you request to be made whole in every way maybe you can be paid for the delta between your hours worked and their hours worked.
pretty much yes, the thing is I ended up working but I still want to file, what should I file for other than this dude not following seniority order and removing me from a route ???

Cementups

Box Monkey
if less senior people are working above you and you find about it, file a grievance and get paid for the time they worked. Easy money when they screw up.