Calling it Quits after 17 years

If you can find anything else. Times are very very hard every where.
Sorry to see you go. I wish you well .You might want to check in with the union before you retire. I beleive the new rule is you can't collect your retirement until you are 64 IF you aren't 57.
GOOD LUCK !!
Tune, UK already has a job lined up...in the UK.

UKGUY, be sure you take a withdrawal card from the union before you leave. THis keeps you in good standing (not owing back dues) to make your collecting the retirement you have earned. BTW, I'm pretty sure the Teamsters have a local somewhere in the UK.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
U.K. Guy...it's an unfortunate situation that's happening everywhere right now within the company, Nationwide. You just happened to become the weakest link in what it seems like they're trying to accomplish. But you're rising above it, and you seem to have your bestest interest at heart (family) and no one, nothing or anything else is gonna stand in your way, especially a mindless, robotic, company like we've unfortunately become. Your wife is proving that to you right now!!!! She sounds more than anything to be an extreme, brave soul. KUDOS to her and you and family!

Don''t look back, only look forward to what life has to offer. Wishing you the best!!! ~:->>>

P.S. I'm having a hard time believing "Satellitte" is a moderator of this forum. PLEASE, UK, do yourself a BIG favor and don't indulge in any more of his negativity. I know it's hard letting go, OK I don't after 17 years, but you've got too much positive going on right now in front of you to "entertain" something that other people do not have!!! Embarace it, cherish it, GO with it!

Cheers !

hdkappler

:happy2:good luck u.k.i'am proud to be an american.(be glad you are in a country were they have free medical care)i would love to see this in usa.ups at onetime was a great company till last year i worked for them.they are real hateful to there employees anymore.good luck.

satellitedriver

P.S. I'm having a hard time believing "Satellitte" is a moderator of this forum. PLEASE, UK, do yourself a BIG favor and don't indulge in any more of his negativity.
I will gladly give up my moderator position, if it means I can not speak my opinion.
Start a poll, complain to Cheryl or PM the other Mod's and if any of the consensus says I should go, I will.
If you could read his edited posts and the PM's he has sent to me, you might have a different perspective, on who is the negative and dysfunctional one.
My sympathy is to his family, not him and his lame excuses.

705red

Browncafe Steward
Just look at the picture uk has on his profile page! Now that is totally uncalled for! If you dont know, that is a opicture of sat from a while back that he has attached to a spine that he is flushing down the toilet.

DS

Fenderbender
P.S. I'm having a hard time believing "Satellitte" is a moderator of this forum. PLEASE, UK, do yourself a BIG favor and don't indulge in any more of his negativity. I know it's hard letting go, OK I don't after 17 years, but you've got too much positive going on right now in front of you to "entertain" something that other people do not have!!! Embarace it, cherish it, GO with it!

squirlygirly,you don't know the whole story.
UKGUY has had more than his share of run ins with mngmt.
I'm somewhat more sympathetic to his woes than satellite driver is,but I'll back SD up on this.His opinion is justified.
I wish UKguy all the best.

stringerman85

Plus UK guy said satellite driver is like a guy he friend---ed in prison, and I was like is that a compliment??? It got erased by the moderators though...too bad it was funny

satellitedriver

Just look at the picture uk has on his profile page! Now that is totally uncalled for! If you dont know, that is a opicture of sat from a while back that he has attached to a spine that he is flushing down the toilet.
I have never viewed his page before.
The pic wasn't there.
Darn.
I wish that pic was there, so I could have a good laugh at your attempt of humor.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I have never viewed his page before.
The pic wasn't there.
Darn.
I wish that pic was there, so I could have a good laugh at your attempt of humor.

No problem, its plastered all over the internet, youtube, face book, photo bucket, my space or just google "sattalitedriver" and its on the opening page.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Quote:
No problem, its plastered all over the internet, youtube, face book, photo bucket, my space or just google "sattalitedriver" and its on the opening page.

Just kidding, I can email it you if you like

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I will gladly give up my moderator position, if it means I can not speak my opinion.
Start a poll, complain to Cheryl or PM the other Mod's and if any of the consensus says I should go, I will.
If you could read his edited posts and the PM's he has sent to me, you might have a different perspective, on who is the negative and dysfunctional one.

Theres no reason to to let this get out of hand. no need for any polls or voting,
He` s entitled to his opinion of me (no matter how wrong he is )
I was starting to get a little angry over some coments but I took a step back to put everything in perspective, His opinion of me is based upon things he`s read on this website that I posted, I usually come on here to bitch about stuff that happened at work, lets face it your husband or wife doesnt have a clue what your talking about when you mention over d, call tag, re looped , backed up or had a jam...
He may think he knows me or " my type" as some say because he`s read 100 or so posts I wrote on a web page but in reallity he doesnt know the first thing about me. If he knew me he would know that I`m not a bad guy I`m the kind of person that would give you the shirt off my back and am the first to hold a hand out to someone thats down on there luck. My heart is not tatooed.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?

My Family wants me to tell you that we dont need your sympathy and for you to stick it where the sun doesn`t shine.
Dysfunctional Yes
Negative sometimes
Sexy Always

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I think this thread needs to die a natural death.
The intent of it is long gone.
Squirrely girl, you have not been here long enough to make judgements, although your thoughts are always welcome.
Please everyone, let it go. It was a sad moment in UKS life, as were many other tragedies he has endured. We have all endured tragedies, and at those times we need sympathy, and support. Since this thread is not fulfilling that, it needs to end.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I watched the first video's you posted about your mother in laws murder.
(and, I remember the PM's you sent to me, then)
A tragic, senseless loss of life and I would never make light of it
Personally, I would never allow anyone to video tape the church service of a loved one's funeral, much less post it.
I found it macabre and theatrics.
Never, would I be so heartless to try and spread my grief for sympathy.
You used your grieve as excuse for forgetting to sign papers to allow you to still stay in America even though you knew they were due a year in advance and you have the gall to call me heartless

I dont understand how forgetting to fill out paperwork amidst a catastrophy makes me heartless. Apparantly neither did the US government or the immigration and neutralisation service as they granted me stay. Do you feel that your opinion is of greater worth than your countries ? Please explain.

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
Funny advise from you about other things "out there" since you have only worked for UPS and have no other life work experience.
I left the nest at 17 and have survived and thrived since.
I would match my work, job and life experience with you any day.

I just wanted to address this clueless statement,
I had to quit school at 13 to work with my father so that the bank didnt take our house. I left the nest when I was 15 because I wanted to travel. I worked my way all through a good part Europe doing different jobs in different citys and spent 4 months in Australia working construction. after a 6 month stay back in the UK working with mentally challenged adults I though I would check out Los Angeles and met the love of my life . We were 17 when we married in Vegas, that was 18 years and 3 beautiful children ago . In between then and now I worked security for the fresh prince of bell air set the Out all night show with Patty La belle a breif stay at the directors guild of America and volenteered for the make a wish foundation.
Managed to find time to do the West coast Hell freezes over tour with a couple of people you may of heard of called the Eagles was the head of bootlegg control for the west coast Pink Floyd Division Bell tour director of security for the Michael Jackson ranch for 3 years, stage security for Lolipalooza and the doorman at the whisky a go go for 10 years. Oh yeah I was also flown up to Mobile Alabama to fight in a bear knucke boxing match called Primal Fury but it was canceled which is to bad because I was gonna win. I could go on but you already think I`m full of it so why waste my time, please feel free to contact any of the above if you wish, you know my name. I was also a sandwich artist at subway back in 1993 for a few weeks. So lets talk about that wager you want to make buddy........ oh yeah I was also in a couple of movies, the kick boxer then that one with bruce willis I dont remember the name but it was filmed at the Whisky a go go and recently in Biker boys which is the worst movie I`ve ever seen.
Like I said before, you dont know the first thing about me , maybe you do have me beat in life experience, I doubt it, but I wouldnt make an ignorant statement like " I would match my work, job and life experience with you any day." you assumed that because I started work for UPS at 18 it was my only job but you are way off dude.
you know what they say assumption is the mother of all ............. you know the rest !

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
Sat, you have my vote to stay.

Red, I saw the pic and was not terribly impressed with it. In another situation it might have been funny but in this one it wasn't.