Calling it Quits after 17 years

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I don't want Over to quit moderating. I think he's doing a fine job.
I second that, and will add I think all the mods do a great job. We all bring our own personalities in to the mix. We all have good days and bad days. Sometimes things are said that probably shouldn't be said. Most everyone fesses up and apologizes and we go on about our days.

To err is human, to forgive devine.

P

pickup

:happy-very:Bootleg control, uk guy? Were you the one to catch Re-Run when he was secretly recording the doobie Brothers?

705red

Browncafe Steward
I have never viewed his page before.
The pic wasn't there.
Darn.
I wish that pic was there, so I could have a good laugh at your attempt of humor.
Sat, just so you understand, that was not my humor! We have had our differences and i believe we have had long chats over them. While our views are different than each other, i think we have agreed to just move on.

satellitedriver

Sat, just so you understand, that was not my humor! We have had our differences and i believe we have had long chats over them. While our views are different than each other, i think we have agreed to just move on.
Bad typing on my part, Red.
I did not mean you,
Braincloud 1am posting on my part.
UK and I have buried the hatchet over this issue in PM's to each other.
I will claim the blame for this thread going south.
I truly wish that Jamie and his family will find a new, safe life in England.
My apologies to all, on my behavior in this thread.
Steve

The-UK-Guy

Tea anyone ?
I did not mean you,
Steve

No problems here, sometimes I get a little carried away. My apologies to Steve for some of the PM`s I left and all who were offended.
Jamie.

squirlygirly

SAT, I'm knowing I'm only a "junior" member to this forum, my 4 years to this company feels like 10+. I know more about the procedures, pull times, what needs to happen first, second, and the "back-burner commitments" within my building, without belonging to the dark-side of PT supervisor and yet employees still listen to me as if I was.

The one thing I don't know about is being a moderator on such an ever-changing, always going, never gonna stop forum like this one. I happened upon UK's posting without a second thought about any others that might have been posted by him in the past. All I was reading was for someone that seemed a little down and out after having to say "adios" to a routine he's known nothing else of for 17 years.

I'm glad to read that you and UK patched up differences, and please understand and believe me when I say "NOTHING PERSONAL!"

We AWWLLLL have a story to tell or that we're living, especially working with this company right now, or any other for that matter. UPS as we all know is going in a downward spiral, attempting to take alot of their well-meaning, bust-ass employees with them, in the hopes to save their own...you know what it doesn't matter...

I get the feeling that no matter what I say, one of you will pop out of the woodwork saying, "There was already a posting of this! Where have you been?"..."You haven't worked for UPS long enough to know any better"...********* I haven't. But then how would any of you know...

As for UK, contacting each other off the forum, you know better than anyone here, my feelings. I just hope you hugged her hard enough to let her know... ~:->>>

Last edited by a moderator:

IWorkAsDirected

Outa browns on 04/30/09
I did not mean you,
Steve

I for one appreciate that, I was very disappointed at your posts.

Tiny Panda

That’s not why I quit though, I quit because I was just disgusted at how low UPS will go, and how dirty they fight

An example of how low they go:

A few years back myself and a fellow driver were sat in traffic so we wrote some notes to each other and showed them to each other, a couple had harmless insults on them, a week or so later i was on vacation when i got a call from the other guy who was at work, they had a pcm and one of the notes was brought up, apparently it found it way into the trash bin in the office. "apparently" one of the evening office girls found it, thought it was meant for them and was offended by what was written and made a complaint. UPS wanted to get the note fingerprinted etc etc to find out who had done it as no-one would own up. I went in to the office whilst on vacation to explain what had happened and everything was fine.

It transpired that the note wasnt found in the trash but in an envelope that was handed in with the evenings paperwork, a friend of mine found it, laughed and threw it away. The sup saw her do it, retrieved it from the trash and then lied about how and where it was found to make it look serious

klein

Für Meno :)
UK guy,

see if you can make it into Canada, and work here.
Always Drivers needed.
And other jobs.
Government Healthcare here, too.
And you can still buy a nice house with a picket fence, again.

I would prefer it here, then in the UK. (more disposible income, cheaper to live, then Europe).