Cameras

Thebrownblob

Isn't it the purpose of digitizing maintenance records/process so that people don't have to use pen and paper anymore? How's about those airplanes at Delta, Southwest, and such? We can only be ancient for so long.
Well, if it’s the purpose they never followed through. We’ve had telematics for dozens of years. Still have to use paper if something is wrong with the vehicle I’ve had every light on the dash of my vehicle up for months and no one has checked it. We have more red tag vehicles now than we’ve ever had.

But let someone’s bulkhead door sensor, go off or their seatbelt sensor go off and your hear about it tomorrow…

anonymous23456

Well, if it’s the purpose they never followed through. We’ve had telematics for dozens of years. Still have to use paper if something is wrong with the vehicle I’ve had every light on the dash of my vehicle up for months and no one has checked it. We have more red tag vehicles now than we’ve ever had.

But let someone’s bulkhead door sensor, go off or their seatbelt sensor go off and your hear about it tomorrow…
Yep. It is theory versus practice right? The way to fix it is to start docking pay from all managers/supervisors who don't do their jobs to the best ability at all centers. It's time to put in the German/Japanese work ethic.

anonymous23456

"German work ethics mean employees always turn up on time and do a full day's work, they are in turn rewarded with fair pay and good working conditions. Everyone in Germany wants every task, big or small, to be completed to its best, on time, and with high satisfaction for the end consumer."

Thebrownblob

Yep. It is theory versus practice right? The way to fix it is to start docking pay from all managers/supervisors who don't do their jobs to the best ability at all centers. It's time to put in the German/Japanese work ethic.
Sure, or it’s working exactly the way it was intended as a tool to spy never really ment servicing the vehicles.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
You're by yourself in a package car or feeder. Nobody around. You should have some expectation of privacy unless a sup was on car with you.
I'm not trying to argue or make a case for the Company, rather playing devil's advocate when I ask....

....how can we say that when drivers are being paid by hour, essentiallly selling their time???

What's the Company's expectations in regards to accountability for that time?

Ou812fu

Polishing toilet bowls since 1966.
Inward is really all that matters IMO. I’m fine with outward. They are never going to check outward unless there is an accident. Drive the right way and outward can only help, never hurt.
I'm guessing you don't believe in any privacy?

Ou812fu

Neither does the inward-facing sensor. There is no video being recorded by it. It is only monitoring where your eyes are looking and just gives general information about what’s going on such as distracted, driving following distance to close or seatbelt. I’ve heard rumors that there is a camera that can be turned on but the company does not use that.
What’s even stranger is there’s a third layer as there’s another company that controls all the information for the company does not even have access to all the information all the time.

We recently had an accident, where we would normally get to see the information on video from the outward camera, but it was not recorded, and could not be pulled up🤷‍♂️
It is an inward facing camera. I love the use of the word sensor. The patent for this system can be easily found. The patent even defines the mp size of the inward facing camera/ video lense.

oldngray

nowhere special
It is an inward facing camera. I love the use of the word sensor. The patent for this system can be easily found. The patent even defines the mp size of the inward facing camera/ video lense.
I think it comes with a camera but UPS disables it. For now.

Something they could easily change in seconds.

Thebrownblob

A camera that doesn’t record video? OK you can keep saying that over and over again but until there’s video of me sitting in the cab, it is just a sensor. I don’t like it either but it isn’t exactly like they can see me picking my nose they only know I’m distracted and for the record I pick my nose all the time and it never once it goes off. LOL.

Thebrownblob

No it is not disabled. The camera is the only thing on their that can pick up specific movements.look up the patent..
Take your tinfoil hat off they’re not going to tell us there’s no video recorded and then come to a hearing with record a video, good God. It would get thrown out. What do you suppose they’re doing with this video they’re recording and not telling us about?.. touching their selves I am extremely sexy but that’s a little creepy and seems like it would be a waste of their time. They can just subscribe to my onlyfans.

Ou812fu

A camera that doesn’t record video? OK you can keep saying that over and over again but until there’s video of me sitting in the cab, it is just a sensor. I don’t like it either but it isn’t exactly like they can see me picking my nose they only know I’m distracted and for the record I pick my nose all the time and it never once it goes off. LOL.
Explain why the ir diods only turn on when it is dark. Because a camera can't see in the dark without a bright light. And infrared light is really bright for cameras, and the naked eye can't see it, but the infrared light does damage the pupil of your eye.

Thebrownblob

It is a camera that is only being used as a motion sensor? Possible but very unlikely to get straight answers about it.
The whole thing is bizarre especially because they don’t control any of that video or information. It is feed to them through a third-party. I wonder what the legalities of giving our image and likeness away to a third-party is, and I don’t remember signing anything.

Ou812fu

Take your tinfoil hat off they’re not going to tell us there’s no video recorded and then come to a hearing with record a video, good God. It would get thrown out. What do you suppose they’re doing with this video they’re recording and not telling us about?.. touching their selves I am extremely sexy but that’s a little creepy and seems like it would be a waste of their time. They can just subscribe to my onlyfans.
I never said there was no video recording.

oldngray

nowhere special
Before Telematics they installed the sensors in the trucks but said they weren't active yet.

But on the first day they supposedly turned it on they already had a historical database of areas that was only possible if the sensors were in fact live.

UPS just couldn't take any action about it then.