Opinion on Investigation

skidmark

A customer called and complained saying driver never approached the door for needed service. Then they claimed they werent home. Drivers gps shows to be close but away from area (within quarter mile).

The driver claims they were there after being interviewed even tho gps says otherwise. The original complaint was closed after the customer followed up and apologized not realizing the other resident of the house made contact with the driver that day when they stepped out and there was a misunderstanding and miscommunication between them.

Someone interviewed the resident who said that they made contact and saw driver the day in question. It seems management is looking to make something out of this with the way the driver was questioned and following up with customer.

So the question being is this enough to pursue any sort of disciplinary action or discharge on the driver and lose their job should it progress to a local panel or further.

Without looking at telematics and gps it shows a misunderstanding between 2 residents that was resolved and they apologized for.

The area in question is in a place with bad gps coordinates on almost every address and even tho you are where you should be.. somedays the DIAD will ping as you are not where you should be for multiple locations.

Thoughts?

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
A customer called and complained saying driver never approached the door for needed service. Then they claimed they werent home. Drivers gps shows to be close but away from area (within quarter mile).

The driver claims they were there after being interviewed even tho gps says otherwise. The original complaint was closed after the customer followed up and apologized not realizing the other resident of the house made contact with the driver that day when they stepped out and there was a misunderstanding and miscommunication between them.

Someone interviewed the resident who said that they made contact and saw driver the day in question. It seems management is looking to make something out of this with the way the driver was questioned and following up with customer.

So the question being is this enough to pursue any sort of disciplinary action or discharge on the driver and lose their job should it progress to a local panel or further.

Without looking at telematics and gps it shows a misunderstanding between 2 residents that was resolved and they apologized for.

The area in question is in a place with bad gps coordinates on almost every address and even tho you are where you should be.. somedays the DIAD will ping as you are not where you should be for multiple locations.

Thoughts?
He will be fine, IMO. GPS isn’t 100% accurate.

skidmark

He will be fine, IMO. GPS isn’t 100% accurate.
I was thinking the fact that the customers cleared things up and said they were in contact with the driver would clear things up and dismiss any corroborating evidence to discharge on dishonesty with telematics.

Never know with these people. Current management is out for blood.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
I was thinking the fact that the customers cleared things up and said they were in contact with the driver would clear things up and dismiss any corroborating evidence to discharge on dishonesty with telematics.

Never know with these people. Current management is out for blood.
The customer confirmed contact. Why would they lie? It’s a non issue, there was no dishonesty. The GPS position is a moot point, it’s not infallible and the customer corroborates the driver’s story. End of story.

rickyb

Thoughts?
dont worry about it theres other jobs just ask me

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck

Thoughts?
Did you go to the address or not? Only you know the truth.

skidmark

Ok.... I can respect that interest.

When people are fishing for answers without talking with their Local Union, there is usually

more to the story. Are you trying to advise them ?
Yes trying to advise members on all aspects of the contract. It was done to me coming up and just passing info down as best i can.

As far as i know it hasnt been past an initial investigatory interview with the driver. So the local has not been involved and no sort of discipline has been issued. But it hasnt even been a week yet so who knows.

It seems the facts are there was an initial customer complaint from a customer who claimed to not be home and gps doesnt show driver driving to the address but was very close.. not like on the other side of town. The distance appears to be a 30 second walk thru grass. But the customer later realized there was a miscommunication with other person in the house and the other person says they spoke with the driver. Looks like the driver said they were there and the customer said they were after management asked the customer about it.

Only thing management has is what looks like an off area scan on telematics but customer is claiming to made contact with the driver.

qdg2

Yes trying to advise members on all aspects of the contract. It was done to me coming up and just passing info down as best i can.

As far as i know it hasnt been past an initial investigatory interview with the driver. So the local has not been involved and no sort of discipline has been issued. But it hasnt even been a week yet so who knows.

It seems the facts are there was an initial customer complaint from a customer who claimed to not be home and gps doesnt show driver driving to the address but was very close.. not like on the other side of town. The distance appears to be a 30 second walk thru grass. But the customer later realized there was a miscommunication with other person in the house and the other person says they spoke with the driver. Looks like the driver said they were there and the customer said they were after management asked the customer about it.

Only thing management has is what looks like an off area scan on telematics but customer is claiming to made contact with the driver.
After describing the scenario twice......sounds like everything was resolved with no discipline.

My experience: Mgt. has you dead to rights.....or they don't. Especially with dishonesty.

Yet, now you introduce "an off area scan".

In my experience: I never recall anyone in mgt. ever apologizing for anything. Or saying "I was wrong"......or "thanks".

Thebrownblob

After describing the scenario twice......sounds like everything was resolved with no discipline.

My experience: Mgt. has you dead to rights.....or they don't. Especially with dishonesty.

Yet, now you introduce "an off area scan".

In my experience: I never recall anyone in mgt. ever apologizing for anything. Or saying "I was wrong"......or "thanks".
usually The only admission of guilt for management comes in the form of a grievance check.