Can a UPS driver get fired for this?

UnconTROLLed

perfection
captain-hindsight-300x221.jpg

DriverNerd

Yes, a driver could get fired for that. If he simply kicked the dog, that would have been ok, but you can't bring out your own 'weapon'.

Heavy Package

Had a driver last week go to the hospital over a dog bite. friend these people who either treat their dogs and animals like sh** or on the other hand treat their dogs better than they treat people. Bunch of wackos out there. I would have no problem defending myself against something like this. Had a Chow once come at me with this type of face and aggression.

angry-dog.jpg

brownIEman

All depends on the circumstance. A driver in my district years back had a dog surprise him after a delivery, came at him hard, he defensively swung the DIAD (III as I recall, hey I said it was years back). Killed the dog. Owners sued or threatened to and demanded he be fired. Center management backed the driver to the hilt, as far as I know he's still delivering.

Did charge him for the broken DIAD though, hey, fair is fair.

(settle down, just kidding about the DIAD)

Box Ox

Got me triggered there for a second. Had a dog attack me and I beat it in the face with my V to keep its teeth away. Got teeth indentations in the screen and the OMS sent it off for repairs.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
All depends on the circumstance. A driver in my district years back had a dog surprise him after a delivery, came at him hard, he defensively swung the DIAD (III as I recall, hey I said it was years back). Killed the dog. Owners sued or threatened to and demanded he be fired. Center management backed the driver to the hilt, as far as I know he's still delivering.

Got me triggered there for a second. Had a dog attack me and I beat it in the face with my V to keep its teeth away. Got teeth indentations in the screen and the OMS sent it off for repairs.

Most people just don’t know what it feels like to be attacked by a dog. Big or small, it’s not a good feeling. After you’ve been bitten or chased more than once, you have to change your behavior. No choice. I can’t run anymore, but I will fist fight any dog that comes near me.

542thruNthru

Lmao he got me with the DIAD comment also. The problem is it's so believable with this company. :)

Two Tokes

Give it to me Baby
Most people just don’t know what it feels like to be attacked by a dog. Big or small, it’s not a good feeling. After you’ve been bitten or chased more than once, you have to change your behavior. No choice. I can’t run anymore, but I will fist fight any dog that comes near me.
Yep have scars that will never go away because of those m efers
I love when owners open the door before I even get close to the door and then follow that up with a "Don't worry he/she won't bite you"
Eff U

Undertow

I love when owners open the door before I even get close to the door and then follow that up with a "Don't worry he/she won't bite you"
Eff U
I never had much problem avoiding the dogs during the day and once I got my own run it was easier to eliminate many of the "variables". It was at night where they really became an issue. Often by that time, the owners would have already gotten home which often entailed them letting the dog outside to run wild. Lots of them would get even more out of control seemingly just from the noise of the truck and come running out into the road.

Bosses never wanted us to swerve in an effort to avoid hitting them. The darkness just always presented so many more headaches when trying to really work safely. There were times where there just wasn't any way you truly could perform using the stated methods.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
Had a driver last week go to the hospital over a dog bite. friend these people who either treat their dogs and animals like sh** or on the other hand treat their dogs better than they treat people. Bunch of wackos out there. I would have no problem defending myself against something like this. Had a Chow once come at me with this type of face and aggression.

angry-dog.jpg

giphy (16).gif

Richard Harrow

Deplorable.
Eff U

If it's a customer/dog I'm not familiar with I follow that up with "are you willing to wager your home on that?"