Can I Refuse to Go "Help"?

Est.1998

I sheeted the same business as missed twice this week. They put it in my last 40 stops of 200+. Its a dentist office and closed whenever they feel like it. If I follow ODO, the res no way I'll get there before 430 at the earliest.
How many miles does your route cover?

Red Devil

The Power of Connected
Ive had about a dozen missed businesses so far due to bad dispatch. But in the future, if you aren't sure if you have businesses left, call the center after or before your lunch break and ask "do I have any businesses left?" Theyll tell you.

I doubt you'll be walked out over it
At my center if you have businesses you didn’t know about on a cover route they usually instruct you to sheet them as Not Ready Residential at the end of the day

542thruNthru

How does missed work? I sheeted two businesses missed once. Satellite route I'd never done. Last two stops of the day. Both closed. Was told I might be walked out the following week.
Unless you're in probation. There is no way you're being walked out for sheeting missed business correctly.

Overpaid Union Thug

I actually enjoy shooting commercial stops as missed due to being at the end of the day. Dispatchers have the ability to tag a stop as commercial so Orion can plot a solution accordingly. They can essentially trick the system into thinking a business closes at noon instead of 5 o’clock in the afternoon. Another problem is unfair time allowances that say you should be getting to your last stop before 5pm even though it is the last stop of the day.

Along time ago I figured out that the only way to fix dispatch related problems is to just let them happen and show up on their reports. That is the key right there. If it shows up on a report they spring into action. UPS is a reactive company. Rarely a proactive one.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
There is nothing worse than having 10 or 20 stops left and then seeing the dreaded green light on the DIAD. 9 times out of 10, it's a desperate sup asking me to contact them at which point I will be told to go take some stops from someone else. I have ceased all communication via cell phone and don't answer when they call me. I normally respond with "No cell service. Please direct all communication through DIAD." If they want to talk on the phone, they can issue me one. Last night was a complete s*it show, and many of the routes were blown out. I finished around 19:20 and was told to go take a ridiculous amount of stops from a kid that just started last week. I was pissed, but proceeded to take about 30 stops, drop anchor, and deliver around 8 stops an hour. Is there any language on refusing to take on more work? If I refuse, can they get me on not working as directed?
You can absolutely say no 2 times. If they ask a 3rd time, it’s helping time. And yes if you continue to refuse at that point, you’ll be disciplined for refusing to work as directed. Sucks I know

542thruNthru

Alcohol & weed mostly
Carry on!
source-13.gif

Zowert

Just get on the 9.5 and burry them in grievances. It’s all you can do. I never use my cell for business purposes. So they page me via DIAD and ask me to help, to which I reply “I’m on the 9.5. Will grieve.” They usually leave me alone. During peak it doesn’t matter, everyone is working late.

Zowert

It does get old after awhile, especially with certain drivers that are cry babies.
Exactly, I pull my own weight so should other drivers. The only exception is for a new driver that I happen to like or a vet that’s having a rough day. Other than that get friend’d, we have all been bricked out, just get it done. I felt real bad having other drivers help me when I was friend’d during the handful of times I legit needed help. I know they have a family that wants them home, as do I.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Had a nightmare about this last night. Gone almost 4 yrs. I had a call tag and couldnt find a house in the dark......See nothing has changed tho. Cheers