Can I win?

Tired Driver

Sisyphus had it easy.
He was happy. A driver at another center that he was the center manager, ate one though his grill. They never could get rid of the smell.

barnyard

KTM rider
Did the OP say if the dog was on a public road or on private property?? In my area, on a road is always unavoidable (don't veer for deer) and on private property, it is always avoidable.

If it was on a road, I would grieve it. When it comes to panel say, "If you are going to start making on road dog strikes avoidable crashes, someday, we are going to find a dead UPSer in a ditch somewhere. We aren't going to know why he or she died because the stupid dog he swerved to avoid does not talk."

Putting a truck into a ditch to avoid an animal is stupid, plain and simple. If a boss supports that kind of action, they should get a backhand to the face.

UPSIE

Again thank you to ouch I will request a copy of my file. Wally and Northerner thank you as well as I recall he did ask if it was on road or in yard. So I think might be legit now. We had a guy smash two cows and total a car on road and was not charged , so this is why I was so bothered. I believed I made the right decisions and was driving according to the conditions but this is how the cookie crumbles. I just wish it was investigated atleast the next day. my options were to slide into cattle guard by braking or just plow dog. I chose to slide into ditch my speed was no more than 15 mph. I don't need to be right just don't appreciate being treated like a criminal.

I really likes this site and only have hopes of being a stronger union brother and gaining as much knowledge as I can so that I can help other satellite drivers.