Can the Union Force Local 89?

Please good Lord of any kind that exists, let us all go on strike!
Lock us out and refuse to give us work because we won't succumb to their greedy demands?

Sounds like bullying to me...sounds criminal....

LOCAL 89 I LOVE YOU ALL! PLEASE KEEP FIGHTING! I WISH I WAS THERE WITH YOU!

Coming all the way from Maryland, PLEASE KEEP FIGHTING. Not just for you, for all of us. And especially for the ones too scared to stand up and who want to just bend over and take it.

For the workers in other industries to scared to even unionize. We the people need to stand up together not only against simple issues like what goes on at all the UPS facilities, but the issues in our country and in our world!

I wish we all would have demanded more out of the national. I couldn't vote at the time.
How many years do you have in with ups? Were you here in 97?

oldngray

nowhere special
Is it possible UPS could reroute as much stuff as they can around Louisville, so as to avoid having us process "struck goods? Not everything could be processed, but the system wouldn't necessarily have to be shut down.

They can use a couple of other hubs to process a little air volume but only enough capacity for a fraction of the volume. They have used other hubs for overflow when Louisville got blown out before.

No, they are being sarcastic...

Many refer to union workers who are holding out for better terms in their contract with those terms, saying we should just take whatever is handed to us and be satisfied.
Yea but doesn't someone have to be here longer than one of my :censored2: stains in a toilet to be like that. Where's the credibility?

BrownDooDoo

My dad worked CWA union for 25 years or so. Maybe 27 I forget.

I talk strongly about these issues at UPS but it's way bigger than that. Honestly UPS is nothing compared to the rest of the world's problems.

But if we all stand up and unify even a little in these situations it sends a message and sets an example. You have to start somewhere.

This is just one thing, but if 89 stands up for their rights and strikes, it will show those poor employees at WalMart they could do the same. Repace walmart with any employer who isn't treating their employees right.

And that's just the tip of my iceberg.

I haven't been here long enough to feel this way?

All I have to say to that is Divide and Conquer. If they divide us up against our selves, we damn sure can't unify against "them".

I urge you to go back and browse through my very first posts here on this forum. I think the radical change in tune about my employment at UPS speaks a lot about the situation.

Just because you sat for years taking the abuse and did nothing doesn't mean I'm going to sit quietly and take it too. From what I understand things used to be way better though.

thedownhillEXPRESS

Us non union Fedex guys have been put through the ringer the last few years.Heck most of corporate America is pummeling the working class.
I'm glad to see at least a little fight left somewhere in this country.

My dad worked CWA union for 25 years or so. Maybe 27 I forget.

I talk strongly about these issues at UPS but it's way bigger than that. Honestly UPS is nothing compared to the rest of the world's problems.

But if we all stand up and unify even a little in these situations it sends a message and sets an example. You have to start somewhere.

This is just one thing, but if 89 stands up for their rights and strikes, it will show those poor employees at WalMart they could do the same. Repace walmart with any employer who isn't treating their employees right.

And that's just the tip of my iceberg.

I haven't been here long enough to feel this way?

All I have to say to that is Divide and Conquer. If they divide us up against our selves, we damn sure can't unify against "them".

I urge you to go back and browse through my very first posts here on this forum. I think the radical change in tune about my employment at UPS speaks a lot about the situation.

Just because you sat for years taking the abuse and did nothing doesn't mean I'm going to sit quietly and take it too. From what I understand things used to be way better though.
I don't want to go on strike again. The last time was fun but the climate in this country has changed. We wouldn't get the support we had then.

Hawfuh Sux

Old Guard Assassin!
Remember, No matter what is decided this time around, and a strike vote is taken and is authorized, then WE ALL GO ON STRIKE.

We cannot BY CONTRACT touch, manipulate, transport, handle or forward the progress of STRUCK GOODS.

Its in our national master agreement.

There will be no LOCAL strike. WE WILL ALL BE ON THE STREET.

Before that happens, like I said months ago, UPS will likely LOCK US OUT and tell those locals still left out there to accept the contract or everyone stays in the street until they do.

The company will not play this game much longer.

The International FAILED us as members. They made a "BAD DEAL" and tried to stick it to us. Some stood up and forced change, others sat back and voted yes just to try and get it over with and some are still standing on the front lines taking all the heat that should have been spread across the country.

89 has stood up strong against the International goons who sold us out, they all believe in fighting a good fight, rather than surrender and give up long held benefits.

Better read your current contract and understand that if ONE local does down on a strike, we all strike.

TOS.
I'm in support of the three remainin supplements. However, there have been regional strikes. Ron Carey led 804 to a strike without the IBT following them. Local 705 has also struck without the IBT following them either. So it has happened. However it look like the IBT will implement an impasse on the three remaining supplements and ram it in without their approval. Unfortunately, the IBT can excercise that clause.

RealPerson

I don't want to go on strike again. The last time was fun but the climate in this country has changed. We wouldn't get the support we had then.

IDK, Starting wage is Low, for the work that is being done.
Huge amounts of the US are in support of Obama wanting to raise min wage, for building hamburgers, as high or higher that starting at UPS.

'Lord Brown's bidding'

IDK, Starting wage is Low, for the work that is being done.
Huge amounts of the US are in support of Obama wanting to raise min wage, for building hamburgers, as high or higher that starting at UPS.
Rather than the Govt get involved, I'd rather see a private solution in more people electing to join or form unions. It is the "market" answer to "free-market capitalism", pushing against the free-market tendency to push down wages. But, since people are afraid to join unions because they will take $25/month of their salary (while giving em $40/wk in additional salary).....

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Rather than the Govt get involved, I'd rather see a private solution in more people electing to join or form unions. It is the "market" answer to "free-market capitalism", pushing against the free-market tendency to push down wages. But, since people are afraid to join unions because they will take $25/month of their salary (while giving em $40/wk in additional salary).....

People are hesitant to join unions due to their reputation, deserved or not.

710 steward

However it look like the IBT will implement an impasse on the three remaining supplements and ram it in without their approval. Unfortunately, the IBT can excercise that clause.[/quote]

If Hoffa chooses to force his will as opposed to honoring the majority then my advice to Hoffa is start cleaning out your desk now. That way when the election comes it'll be an easier transition to the unemployment line.