Can ups change?

BeefiestMass

A lot has changed the last year and a half. A majority of people are deciding being miserable for a paycheck isn’t the life they want. We know what this place is like. Ups is going to have to adjust to continue to attract works. The MRA raises are a start but I doubt they’ll be enough long term. People now expect more out of their jobs than just a paycheck.

The real problem for me and I think for UPS long-term is work-life balance. It was bad before Covid but now it's gone entirely. UPS is going to have a very hard time getting and keeping people (esp Millenials and Gen Z) around until we get that resolved in some way.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
The real problem for me and I think for UPS long-term is work-life balance. It was bad before Covid but now it's gone entirely. UPS is going to have a very hard time getting and keeping people (esp Millenials and Gen Z) around until we get that resolved in some way.
Had this argument with my dad over the weekend. He’s like no one wants to work anymore. I said no they just don’t want their entire life to revolve around work.

I said you and mom both worked but you were both home by 4pm every single day. You could both take half days or single days at any time if you needed to do something.

Most people don’t mind work. They understand it’s a part of life. They just want some type of reasonable schedule that they can plan around so they can actually live a life.

BeefiestMass

Had this argument with my dad over the weekend. He’s like no one wants to work anymore. I said no they just don’t want their entire life to revolve around work.

I said you and mom both worked but you were both home by 4pm every single day. You could both take half days or single days at any time if you needed to do something.

Most people don’t mind work. They understand it’s a part of life. They just want some type of reasonable schedule that they can plan around so they can actually live a life.
Additionally the younger generations are less likely to have a lot of kids or any kids at all, so the motivation overwork themselves to provide for kids (or to be married and avoid their home life, ftm) is gone. Bc of the Great Recession, Covid, and just general lower pay and higher debt than previous generations, at this point they're used to living on less with less certainty, but w more free time.
The motivation to kill yourself for your job is dying out, regardless of pay and bennies. Imho.