Can We Be Fired For Not Coming In From Vacation?

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
they called me today by using a personal phone and my roommate answered and told them I was home.

they said they didn't have anyone and that I was "being directed" to come in as "we have a business to run".

I said NO. so they told me to hold for the dispatch manager but I hung up. they called back about 6 times but I didn't answer.

not looking forward to Monday. however , called my BA and she told me to have a steward ready at punch in.

beavis

Need a hold feature on your phone. "(lame music) due to a high volume of calls we will process your call in the order it was received. your call is very important to us please stay on the line..."

Fedex Guy

Careful there. Retaliation could include sending you for evaluation on why you're drinking at 8am on a weekday.

Contrary to popular belief, there is no timeframe when consuming alcohol is not okay. Especially if you are on vacation. Fuc management. They got no right to ask you why you are doing what you are doing on your vacation.

Just to be clear, I don't work for FedEx. Crazy I know.

oldngray

nowhere special
Contrary to popular belief, there is no timeframe when consuming alcohol is not okay. Especially if you are on vacation. Fuc management. They got no right to ask you why you are doing what you are doing on your vacation.

if you are used to working nights early morning is the same as other people heading to a bar after work in the evening.

kingOFchester

Need a hold feature on your phone. "(lame music) due to a high volume of calls we will process your call in the order it was received. your call is very important to us please stay on the line..."
Now there is an app that could make you some sweet change on the side. I would pay $1.99 for that!!

Satuirus2000

Nothing this company does should surprise me anymore, but calling people in to work on vacation? And actually threatening them if they don't!? Someone please come back on here and tell us your BA and Steward put the company in their place for even suggesting such a thing. I guess there's nothing wrong with the company asking, but the threats and intimidation are just uncalled for and need to be shut down quickly.

Contrary to popular belief, there is no timeframe when consuming alcohol is not okay.

Obviously you don't have a CDL.

Especially if you are on vacation. Fuc management. They got no right to ask you why you are doing what you are doing on your vacation.

I didn't say "ask you". I pointed out the danger in throwing out "I'm drinking or I'm drunk" every time they call or they can have you evaluated before they'll let you behind the wheel of their vehicle.

10 point

Air horns? Music? Caller ID to know when not to answer phone? Telling them you are drunk or been drinking?

Come on guys, are you serious? First call "no, I am on vacation, see you monday". Second call, "I said no, if you call again I am going to call the union. I am requesting that you do not call me again". Third call, call the union.

UPS is out of control, and from the posts on BC I can see why.
When one of my friends gets "the call" from the PDS while on vacation he simply hands the phone to his 2 yr old daughter and goes into the other room and watches TV.
He says that his daughter loves to talk on the phone. Too funny.

Fedex Guy

No I don't have a CDL, nor do I want one. I'll have my beer at 8am while on vacation if I please. Then again, I wouldn't be stupid enough to answer a phone call from a number I didn't know while on vacation.

No I don't have a CDL, nor do I want one. I'll have my beer at 8am while on vacation if I please. Then again, I wouldn't be stupid enough to answer a phone call from a number I didn't know while on vacation.

What the hell? Answer It and say..NO.....just to piss them off!

Fedex Guy

I just cant bring myself to lie. would feel that I was lowering myself to their level.

I told them Monday that I had plans all day which was true. doctor, Costco , etc.

the rest of this week I didn't answer the phone since I do have caller ID. Im just sick and tired of the intimidation and bullying.

I cant lash out at them in person because it just hurts me more for several days. calling in sick on Monday.

Doctor, costco, bed bath and beyond! I don't know if we'll have enough time! Lmao

Brown stains

they called me today by using a personal phone and my roommate answered and told them I was home.

they said they didn't have anyone and that I was "being directed" to come in as "we have a business to run".

I said NO. so they told me to hold for the dispatch manager but I hung up. they called back about 6 times but I didn't answer.

not looking forward to Monday. however , called my BA and she told me to have a steward ready at punch in.

Do u have any pics of u and your room mate