Can you believe this? I can't.

N

norm

yeah, all you losers with virtually no stock sell all of your stock now because of your feelings. all the smart money invests with union employees cause their feeling of entitlement is some kind of psychic power telling them to sell now. buy the next enron you uneducated fools.

rod

Retired 22 years
yeah, all you losers with virtually no stock sell all of your stock now because of your feelings. all the smart money invests with union employees cause their feeling of entitlement is some kind of psychic power telling them to sell now. buy the next enron you uneducated fools.
repeat that again norm- only this time say it so it makes sense. never mind- just smoke another one

VoiceOfReason

Telling it like it is
It was one of your OMS Co-Workers in an earlier post that told someone not to touch air...care to chime in on that? That is the problem with OMS's they think, like you, they know everything about PM Dispatching, guess what they dont, and I saw our PM OMS get fired today....for PM Dispatching Etc, and some other stuff, just like you say you do....remember, these are not your drivers, talk to their sups, you as a part time OMS really have no authority, and will be the first to get the axe!

Just because someone has the same job title doesn't mean I have to claim them. People around me don't pull stunts like that. If someone gets fired its because they deserve it, if I didn't PM dispatch I would be fired. Maybe your OMS sucked at it.

N

norm

repeat that again norm- only this time say it so it makes sense. never mind- just smoke another one
Sorry Rod, it does make sense. Bitter vengeful teamsters that are frustrated with their lives post meaningless angry rants here, and then threaten to sell their stock or say that they have sold their stock. You all seem to think it makes any difference to anyone other than the other bitter vengeful teamsters.

If this is your investment strategy then you are your own worst enemy, rant and rave away like the fool you are. If your financial planner sells your stock based upon your emotional reaction to an unsubstantiated testimonial posted on the internet you've got bigger problems my friend, financial ones.

Joopster

Boxline Sorter
I learned in a class that the only way for a company to survive is by doing the following in this order.

1. Customer Service
2. Take Care of Employees
3. Profit will fall in line.

Worrying about number 1 and 2 are the most important things to do in a business....

S

speeddemon

I learned in a class that the only way for a company to survive is by doing the following in this order.

1. Customer Service

Worrying about number 1 and 2 are the most important things to do in a business....

Then our days are numbered.

Thebrowntruth

1. Customer Service

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!! Thanks for the post joopster, might i suggest UPS replace all tuition assistance programs for anyone taking business courses with that simple quote. Its the truth, bottom line, and its what most long time UPSers already know. And to the clowns that think the posts are rants or whines should do a little "root cause analysis" and see its just us simple fools that adhere to those 3 principals and see them being thrown out the door more and more every day to chase a BS number.

Thebrowntruth

Hey norm, trivia question for you...a few years back our Mike E. was on the cover of a popular business magazine being glorified with a now infamous CEO. Take a guess who it was...I'll give you a hint the company was ENRON! Gee, maybe we shouldnt care, is the sandbox you keep your head in big enough for the other 329,999 employees?

CTOTH

Not retired, just tired
Sorry Rod, it does make sense. Bitter vengeful teamsters that are frustrated with their lives post meaningless angry rants here, and then threaten to sell their stock or say that they have sold their stock. You all seem to think it makes any difference to anyone other than the other bitter vengeful teamsters.

If this is your investment strategy then you are your own worst enemy, rant and rave away like the fool you are. If your financial planner sells your stock based upon your emotional reaction to an unsubstantiated testimonial posted on the internet you've got bigger problems my friend, financial ones.
Perhaps we are angry and bitter, but it's you folks that made us that way. And if all Teamsters sold their UPS stock, the company would have to shut it's doors. Can it Charles Schwab

rod

Retired 22 years

No -I am sorry for you. Anyone that thinks all is good at UPS is in for a very rude awakening. It isn't going to happen over night but the writing is on the wall. I am not a "bitter vengeful teamster"- I am a "happy retired teamster with a great pension and great medical benefits for both me and my wife" that is saddened by the direction that upper management and little people like you are taking. All I can say is for all the wonderful hard working hourly union people, just do your thing by the book. When things start to fall apart they can't point their fingers at you. As for my investment strategy - don't worry about it norm. My portfolio is doing quite well thank you. Well enough of this pissin match- I'm going fishing and then for a motorcycle ride this afternoon to enjoy the fall colors. Have fun working norm and don't juggle the figures too much because you will just have to do it all over again tomorrow to cover your lies.

Last edited:

boswharfs

BTW is it the teamster that hands the next day air left in building to the center manager at 9am, or the center manager who then decides to not service it at all, or the division manager who is made aware of it and does nothing that is the problem?

Last edited:

bear123

That's because the majority of customers don't care if NDA are late. Very few of them are actually waiting for something by 10:30(at least with my experiences). If more of them started to call for a refund then things might change. But then again UPS would probably lie about weather in certain areas or come up with the line "Read the fine print".

That's an excellent point, disneyworld. That is why ups made a gurantee that all ground packages will be delivered on time.:lol:

Ups knew that most customers wouldn't care or for that matter, most customers wouldn't know if a package was delivered on time anyway.

As far as the NDA's left on the dock, who was to say that supervisors or air drivers didn't deliver them after all of the regular drivers left. I wouldn't be surprised if all of the centers and hubs do this from now on. Drivers may not mind this becuase I know from experience that if I had to deliver a package on time, I would have to break route to make my committment which would extend my day even longer.

brown bear

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Perhaps we are angry and bitter, but it's you folks that made us that way. And if all Teamsters sold their UPS stock, the company would have to shut it's doors. Can it Charles Schwab
If all the UPS Teamsters sold their stock, it wouldn't make any difference at all. Most UPS stock is held by Management, not the hourlies. There was a time when we didn't have that option. I have some in my IRA, but I am also invested in Mutual Funds, Money Market, 401K, and a little real estate. Diversify, never put all your eggs in one basket.

And by the way, customers do care if their NDA or any package is late. I see it every day.

psstdrvr

For all of you who are sick and tired of watching management fudge numbers, lie to customers and continually do the other despicable things that are becoming the NORM at UPS call 1-800-220-4126 to register a formal complaint with corporate in Atlanta. Maybe if we all work together on this we can open corporate's eyes. If nothing changes, then screw them and I'll be more than happy to help the tightest ship sink fast. With the clout we, as drivers, have with the customers it won't be hard. Remember who the customers sided with during the last strike!!!!!!!

traveler

Where next? Venice
(1) If all the UPS Teamsters sold their stock, it wouldn't make any difference at all. (2) Most UPS stock is held by Management, not the hourlies. There was a time when we didn't have that option. I have some in my IRA, but I am also invested in Mutual Funds, Money Market, 401K, and a little real estate. (3) Diversify, never put all your eggs in one basket.

:ohmy: First statement is true (teamsters hold very little stock of all outstanding stock):

From Yahoo Finance:

BREAKDOWN
% of Shares Held by All Insider and 5% Owners: 1%
% of Shares Held by Institutional & Mutual Fund Owners: 41%
% of Float Held by Institutional & Mutual Fund Owners: 41%
Number of Institutions Holding Shares: 778

MAJOR DIRECT HOLDERS (FORMS 3 & 4)
HolderSharesReported

SOUPATA LEA N 233,574 4-Jan-06
ESKEW MICHAEL L 195,265 26-Apr-06
BEYSTEHNER JOHN J 123,141 31-Mar-06
DAVIS D SCOTT 91,387 4-Jan-06
BARNES DAVID A 85,787 21-Apr-06

(Most shares (%) are now held by institutions (Mutual funds, etc.) Second, I'm sure, is current and retired management. Though I could find no direct statistics, other than the first breakdown above, to bear this out.)

:crying: Second ststement is probably false (see above)

:cool: Third statement is open to arguement:

I always quote Andrew Carnegie who said: "Concentrate your energies, your thoughts and your capital. The wise man puts all his eggs in one basket and watches the basket."

Last edited:
T

True integrity

UPS has hundreds of thousands of employee's. Even as hard as UPS works to employee honest hard working individuals there are always those that slip through the cracks. There is an old saying "with knowledge comes responsibility". UPS also has numerous ways for individuals to report acts of dishonesty and integrity issues. You can either sit on the side lines and gripe about what happens or you can pick up the phone and contact someone who cares and will make a difference....It is up to you. I will tell you after 20 years of service "UPS absolutely cares" and they would love to know the who, what, why, and when. But stay in your safe little world and don't say a thing. You remind me of the person who whines about the president but refuses to vote............

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Traveler,
You got me on who owned the most stock. I knew that Institutional and Mutual Funds owned some stock, just not that much. I should have done my homework on that before my post. I still think that it is a good idea to diversify your investments, I have to admit that I don't watch the Stock Market everyday and try to figure out how some guy will rate the future value of certain stocks. By the way, the Stock Market looks good these days, it must be Bush's fault!!!

dave_socal

PACKAGE/FEEDER
Oh doom! the world of brown is ending oh booo hooo booo hooo sell your stock prepare for the apocalypse we are doomed. Idiots are running the company and the smart people are doing the grunt work oh what will become of our once great jobs booo hooo ............ whatever!... I will cash out when its MY time to go not a minute sooner. I've come to the realization that even if I'm the best Cog(employee) I can be I'm still just a cog in the brown machine and that machine will take a few decades to break down even if it is being run by morons. So do your best fellow cogs and let the machine break down when it breaks down.

traveler

Where next? Venice
Traveler,
You got me on who owned the most stock. I knew that Institutional and Mutual Funds owned some stock, just not that much. I should have done my homework on that before my post. I still think that it is a good idea to diversify your investments, I have to admit that I don't watch the Stock Market everyday and try to figure out how some guy will rate the future value of certain stocks. By the way, the Stock Market looks good these days, it must be Bush's fault!!!

I didn't post just to refute your statement but also to bring to light the fact that institutional owners of the stock are a bigger part of the equation than most anyone believes. I really dont feel it's a good situation and I strongly feel UPS never should have gone public!

:confused:1 Only 10% of the outstanding stock was offered on the IPO but each time a retired UPSer converts shares from A to B and later sells on the open market those shares increase the B shares and are available to anyone to be bought and sold in the market.

:wink: As to diversification, it does protect an individual investor from taking a big hit on one stock or a group of stocks in one industry. However, it also keeps an individual investor from making a big profit from one stock or industry. If one has the time and inclination to actively watch the market and has a good feel for it then it is better to concentrate ones efforts.

:w00t: I am pleased that you have blamed George W Bush for the advances in the market. He seems to get blamed for everything else that happens so why not this!