Can't Come To Your House, Cancel Your Jet.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Trump cancels the military jet for the Dim's junket to see the Pyramids!

In escalating shutdown fight, Trump cancels plane for Pelosi overseas trip

A day after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi suggested that President Donald Trump delay his State of the Union Address because of unresolved issues surrounding a partial government shutdown, the President retaliated by scrapping plans by the Speaker to use a military jet to take a group of lawmakers on an overseas trip to Belgium, Egypt and Afghanistan, saying it would be better for Pelosi to stay in the U.S. and negotiate a deal on a border wall.

“In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate,” the President wrote in a letter to the Speaker.
“Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative,” the President added, as he took the unprecedented step of pulling military travel support for what are known as “CODEL’s” – bipartisan Congressional Delegation trips around the globe, often to visit U.S. soldiers and diplomats.

Last edited:

rod

Retired 22 years
Trump cancels the military jet for the Dim's junket to see the Pyramids!

In escalating shutdown fight, Trump cancels plane for Pelosi overseas trip

A day after House Speaker Nancy Pelosi suggested that President Donald Trump delay his State of the Union Address because of unresolved issues surrounding a partial government shutdown, the President retaliated by scrapping plans by the Speaker to use a military jet to take a group of lawmakers on an overseas trip to Belgium, Egypt and Afghanistan, saying it would be better for Pelosi to stay in the U.S. and negotiate a deal on a border wall.

“In light of the 800,000 great American workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate,” the President wrote in a letter to the Speaker.
“Obviously, if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would certainly be your prerogative,” the President added, as he took the unprecedented step of pulling military travel support for what are known as “CODEL’s” – bipartisan Congressional Delegation trips around the globe, often to visit U.S. soldiers and diplomats.

When I was in the Army we had Bob Hope. Are you saying that the only thing the troops could look forward to was a visit from Nancy Pelosi? I think I would go AWOL.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Trump’s letter to Pelosi:

Dear Madame Speaker:

Due to the Shutdown, I am sorry to inform you that your trip to Brussels, Egypt and Afghanistan has been postponed. We will reschedule this seven-day excursion when the Shutdown is over. In light of the 800,000 great Americans workers not receiving pay, I am sure you would agree that postponing this public relations event is totally appropriate. I also feel that, during this period, it would be better if you were in Washington negotiating with me and joining the Strong Border Security movement to end the Shutdown. Obviously if you would like to make your journey by flying commercial, that would be your prerogative.

I look forward to seeing you soon and even more forward to watching our open and dangerous Southern Border finally received the attention, funding and security it so desperately deserves!

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
apparently she’s know among the Air Force for abusing the :censored2: out of military flights; keeping multiple jets of different sizes on standby every weekend depending on whether she wanted to fly back to Cali or not and with how many people

this is absolutely hilarious

rod

Retired 22 years
apparently she’s know among the Air Force for abusing the :censored2: out of military flights; keeping multiple jets of different sizes on standby every weekend depending on whether she wanted to fly back to Cali or not and with how many people

this is absolutely hilarious

If not really official business make them fly commercial - packed in like sardines like the rest of us.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
Since the plane can't circle, the CODEL bus circles the Capitol building as reporters walk on foot trying to keep up with bus as it circles.

Is this a metaphor for the Congress running around in circles.

Pelosi Bus.jpg

Last edited:

Sportello

This revealed a secret trip to a war zone by the second in line to the presidency. There was never a planned stop in Egypt. I'm sure Madame Speaker will not lose sleep about not going to Afghanistan.

Meanwhile, a gang of government grifters are taking government plane(s) to Davos next week, where there will be parties and skiing.

The petulant president should be made aware of the power Mrs Pelosi has. Pretty sure he's going to have a bad two years, if he lasts that long.

TearsInRain

IE boogeyman
This revealed a secret trip to a war zone by the second in line to the presidency. There was never a planned stop in Egypt. I'm sure Madame Speaker will not lose sleep about not going to Afghanistan.

Meanwhile, a gang of government grifters are taking government plane(s) to Davos next week, where there will be parties and skiing.

The petulant president should be made aware of the power Mrs Pelosi has. Pretty sure he's going to have a bad two years, if he lasts that long.
can’t tell if this post is satire

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage

moreluck

golden ticket member
She used to use the military plane to fly home to San Fran...….unlike Biden who would take the train home to Conn. She thinks she's privileged!!!

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
She used to use the military plane to fly home to San Fran...….unlike Biden who would take the train home to Conn. She thinks she's privileged!!!
To be fair, she was probably directed to do so by the Secret Service since she is 3rd in line for succession to POTUS in case of emergency.

I'm sure Joe Biden did not take the train after he became VP.

Last edited:

Fred's Myth

Nonhyphenated American

Since when did Pelosi become the Vice-President?