Car and Bike Talk

rod

Retired 22 years
Thoughts on this one?

This don't surprise me at all. The last time I had a vehicle check engine light "computer diagnosed " at a dealership the verdict was "we THINK we can fix your problem for 365 bucks" but he wouldn't guarantee it. I was under the impression that once they hooked up your vehicle to their gizmo it would spit out a code that would tell what the problem was--- not what it "may be". Apparently all this computer tech diagnostic crap isn't good for anything concrete.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
This don't surprise me at all. The last time I had a vehicle check engine light "computer diagnosed " at a dealership the verdict was "we THINK we can fix your problem for 365 bucks" but he wouldn't guarantee it. I was under the impression that once they hooked up your vehicle to their gizmo it would spit out a code that would tell what the problem was--- not what it "may be". Apparently all this computer tech diagnostic crap isn't good for anything concrete.
Not as cut and dried as you might think when there's miles of wire.:wornout:

MAKAVELI

While I'm not defending stealerships, these two little deuchebags should learn how to work on cars themselves if they don't want to pay someone else. Secondly if they don't want an expensive bill, don't buy an expensive car.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
While I'm not defending stealerships, these two little deuchebags should learn how to work on cars themselves if they don't want to pay someone else. Secondly if they don't want an expensive bill, don't buy an expensive car.

Those two little :censored2:bags are grade-A liars.

Neither own the cars. Probably just a couple rich kids making names for themselves on YouTube.

moreluck

golden ticket member
3ae326b4a0022bda50431584c708b2c3.jpg