Car and Bike Talk

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Clean the drain plug and the area around it well, and put a dab or two of nail polish on it.

No way would I try to change the oil in my wife's Forester. Too damned hard to get to the drain plug without a lift. But, the filter is right on top and in the open.

My truck, I would change, but there isn't really anyplace around here any more to get rid of the used oil. Besides, I work for the auto group that owns the Toyota store where I bought it and I get a killer discount.

Back in the day used to pour it at the bottom of a chain link fence
Never had to weedeat around it

oldngray

nowhere special
No the old flat heads were total loss that's why there are to caps on the fuel/oil tanks

When AMF owned Harley quality control was non existent

New bikes on the showroom floor often had a pan under them to catch the leaking oil

Everyone I know who had an AMF Harley tried to disguise it by replacing the tank or other modifications.

clean hairy

If you REALLY want a Range Rover, buy it from CarMax, and get the bumper to bumper warranty.
If, after watching this video, would you still buy a Range Rover?

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
No the old flat heads were total loss that's why there are 2 caps on the fuel/oil tanks

When AMF owned Harley quality control was non existent

New bikes on the showroom floor often had a pan under them to catch the leaking oil
I heard some would not even start. Others had to be rebuilt almost immediately.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I expected Harley to go out of business when they were putting out that overpriced crap that couldn't compete against Jap bikes. They did turn it around and got their act together.
The over 750 cc tariff may have helped them (their idea), except I don't think there were too many over 750 cc Japanese bikes available at the time that a Harley would been comparable to in the mid 80s. Just a lot of 700cc destroked 750s were the biggest result.