Car and Bike Talk

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
Bought it Tuesday 7/24- it's a 2017 with 1500 miles on it. Bought it from an 80 year old that is having medical issues. The 2011 Ultra Classic is now for sale. Pretty late in the season to be selling it though so I expect I will be sitting on it all winter.
Good luck with the new one

rod

Retired 22 years
Couldn't really use a scooter for where I live, but I think one would be a blast for some areas around the lakes or beaches here.

We've rented scooters in Cozumel and Key West. They are great for getting around in congested traffic.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Nice to see Harley will finally be stepping out of their comfort zone.

Harley-Davidson Announces Four Surprising New Models

livewire-1533062015.jpg
pan-america-1533062346.jpg
custom-1533062416.jpg
streetfighter-1533062688.jpg

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Electric Harley? Not exactly targeting their loyal fan base.
Their fan base is aging out of the market. I promise their old style bikes will remain in production for a long time to come so there's nothing wrong with expanding one's offerings.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Harley already killed Buell who already had sporty models. I would have liked one of their Rotax powered last models were it not an orphan.

Last edited:

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I've ridden 2 Buells. Both of them I felt were let down by their dinosaur hotrodded 1200 Sportster engines. One ride was a demo ride on an M2 Cyclone. It reminded me of a riding mower with its stock exhaust. The other one was one belonging to a riding associate on the way down to Laguna Seca. It puked and burned 3 quarts of synthetic along the way. On a subsequent ride it snapped the front exhaust pipe.

oldngray

nowhere special
I've ridden 2 Buells. Both of them I felt were let down by their dinosaur hotrodded 1200 Sportster engines. One ride was a demo ride on an M2 Cyclone. It reminded me of a riding mower with its stock exhaust. The other one was one belonging to a riding associate on the way down to Laguna Seca. It puked and burned 3 quarts of synthetic along the way. On a subsequent ride it snapped the front exhaust pipe.
If it don't leak oil it ain't a real Harley.

MAKAVELI

You going to make the trip next year for Indy?

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
You guys taking off on this years trip today?

rod

Retired 22 years
If it don't leak oil it ain't a real Harley.
I’m not really sure if Harley is losing it’s fan base. Hanging around the Harley shop I see a lot of 30-40 year old guys and gals hanging out there. My 2011 Ultra has never leaked a drop of oil. The old ones did though but then again so did a lot of other brands (except maybe the Jap bikes). I do agree it’s about time Harley added something different. If anything is going to kill the motorcycle industry it will probaby be because they are way to expensive for what you get. My Tri Glide listed for $37,045 new. NO I didn’t pay that much but it was still too much. My wife insisted I buy it because I’m such a nice guy.