Car and Bike Talk

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
2018071795110338.jpg
Things have gotten complicated in South Dakota.

rod

Retired 22 years
We can get ethanol free gas in Mn. but it costs about 75 cents a gallon more than regular 10% Ethanol. I burn Ethanol free in all my small engines. I haven't had one problem with them since going that route. My 1980 Yamaha scooter even picked up about 5 mph burning REAL gas. Ethanol is the biggest energy scam rip-off going. HEAVILY subsidized. It costs about 1.25 to make a dollars worth of it. A lot of the ethanol plants in Mn. have switched to producing other things like benzene and alcohol.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We can get ethanol free gas in Mn. but it costs about 75 cents a gallon more than regular 10% Ethanol. I burn Ethanol free in all my small engines. I haven't had one problem with them since going that route. My 1980 Yamaha scooter even picked up about 5 mph burning REAL gas. Ethanol is the biggest energy scam rip-off going. HEAVILY subsidized. It costs about 1.25 to make a dollars worth of it. A lot of the ethanol plants in Mn. have switched to producing other things like benzene and alcohol.
Yep luckily I can get it about 2 miles down the road.

Same thing. Run it in all my small engine stuff.

rod

Retired 22 years
Just get the trike?

Bought it Tuesday 7/24- it's a 2017 with 1500 miles on it. Bought it from an 80 year old that is having medical issues. The 2011 Ultra Classic is now for sale. Pretty late in the season to be selling it though so I expect I will be sitting on it all winter.

rod

Retired 22 years
Thats his wife's.

The little scooter is his.

I've had that little Yamaha longer than anything. It's kind of like my 35 mph mobility cart. Its used mostly to run trash out to the garbage can at the end of the driveway, get the mail and every year I take it to the Sprintcar Capitol of the -World-Knoxville, Ia.- for 10 nights of racing. I leave on Tuesday for my 23rd year there. Its the only way to get around that town during race days.