Car and Bike Talk

rod

Retired 22 years
A guy I delivered to bought a 57 thunderbird at Barnett Jackson

Looked ok from a distance kinda rough up close

He didn’t pay crazy money for it
They do have a wide range of cars. What some may call "junk" or "needing some more work' are sold the first couple of days (usually for fairly good prices). The year I went it was one of the middle days and the lighting in that selling tent makes everything look great.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
They do have a wide range of cars. What some may call "junk" or "needing some more work' are sold the first couple of days (usually for fairly good prices). The year I went it was one of the middle days and the lighting in that selling tent makes everything look great.

I'll let you know what the GT looks like when it gets here. I'm guessing it will be in the showroom for a while.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
What does it take to attend admission- wise? Not that I could bid on anything.

rod

Retired 22 years
What does it take to attend admission- wise?

Its been about 8 years ago since I went. It was something like $35 each. Well worth it. Once you are in most everything other than food and drink is free. You can walk around and look at all the cars up close. In the main tent where they sell the cars you can only get in the center section up close if you are a pre screened bidder--otherwise you are off to one side or the other or in the back. Even in the main tent you can see everything. And the food venders are GREAT. You can spend a whole day there no problem.

clean hairy

Biggest risk at any auction is if the car is not as described. There is a lawsuit that a guy bought what was represented as a certain 57 Porsche (if I remember correctly) and is suing the one who consigned it as not being as described.

BakerMayfield2018

Fight the power.
Its been about 8 years ago since I went. It was something like $35 each. Well worth it. Once you are in most everything other than food and drink is free. You can walk around and look at all the cars up close. In the main tent where they sell the cars you can only get in the center section up close if you are a pre screened bidder--otherwise you are off to one side or the other or in the back. Even in the main tent you can see everything. And the food venders are GREAT. You can spend a whole day there no problem.
My neighbor goes. Sends me pics and vids I’m going to go with him when I gotta enough in my “play money “ account to buy what I want.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I went to barrett-jackson in Costa Mesa Ca once. I was swimming in a sea of 70 chevelles and 69 camaros. Those cars are so played out. I'm surprised they are still worth anything.

rod

Retired 22 years
I went to barrett-jackson in Costa Mesa Ca once. I was swimming in a sea of 70 chevelles and 69 camaros. Those cars are so played out. I'm surprised they are still worth anything.
Camaros-Corvettes-Mustangs-anything muscle car---I'm so over all of that kind of stuff. Give me something unique (and I'm not talking foreign crap either).