Car and Bike Talk

rod

Retired 22 years
I once got called on this by the state. I had to get a noterized copy from the seller stating that the amount I had claimed I bought his vehicle for was the truth. This is why I always agree before hand on the amount I am going to claim with the seller. I haven't found one yet that won't go along with what I say. Everyone hates the DMV.

oldngray

nowhere special
I once got called on this by the state. I had to get a noterized copy from the seller stating that the amount I had claimed I bought his vehicle for was the truth. This is why I always agree before hand on the amount I am going to claim with the seller. I haven't found one yet that won't go along with what I say. Everyone hates the DMV.
You can claim it's a gift here and pay no tax.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS

they don’t do that anymore here. It all comes off a chart. If you buy a 1973 hoopmobile they look at a chart and that’s how much you pay

rod

Retired 22 years
1616890273959.png

Its absolutely amazing we lived through the 3-wheelr stage of our lives. I had one just like this and did the same crap.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
So today while out riding I was sitting at a light at a major intersection and these guys in reflective vests carrying little buckets were going all over the place trying to collect money for something. When one came up to me though instead of asking for money (which obviously would've been impractical while sitting on a bike) they started asking about motorcycles. Just another advantage of bikes over cars.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
So today while out riding I was sitting at a light at a major intersection and these guys in reflective vests carrying little buckets were going all over the place trying to collect money for something. When one came up to me though instead of asking for money (which obviously would've been impractical while sitting on a bike) they started asking about motorcycles. Just another advantage of bikes over cars.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
There is a lawyer who uses our BMW store for all the work on his old 7 series. He dropped 3 grand last fall for a headlight out.
Not surprising. I only planned on keeping that thing until the bumper-to-bumper warranty was up. I'm over cars. Biggest waste of money.

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
I've done this as well.

oldngray

nowhere special
I go with the other person to change the title so we are both there when the money (or lack of it) is stated.

rod

Retired 22 years
1616976356419.png

If I recall right the American Pickers bought this motorcycle (or another V-8 one this guy built) on one of their episodes.