Car and Bike Talk

Shiftless

I want to whine TOO!

I had to sell me 69 Z28 DZ 302 with Houndstooth interior to buy my first house!

In 73 it still only had 27K miles on it! Fookin FUN Car!!!

Now My street rods are a Station wagon (1964 Chevelle 2 door wagon) and a car with a bed (57 Ranchero).

So it all worked out I guess?

Shiftless

friend them little Kraut Kars. Give me a 426 4 speed Hemi any day.
Wait a minute! When I was a kid my Dad said NO money for a car for you buddy!
My job is to put a roof over your head, food in your mouth, clothes on your back and an education!

You want a car? That is on you!

He created a monster some say!

I flipped over 30 of them there kraut cars from the age of 16 to 19. He came to realize it kept me out of trouble!
I didn't allow him to park in his own garage as that is where I wrenched on his cars, painted cars and also kept my cars and motorcycles! For a kid I had Bitchin Cars and Trucks. I guess spoiled, but had to earn it on my own!

And yes I was a good son, I even maintained his yard's in lieu of payment!

Long Live them Kraut cars! I even still have VW powered kick start only motorcycles!

Just a couple years ago I sold my Americanized/Kraut car VW Type 3 Squareback. Custom frame, 300 HP 350 Chevy up front, breathed on 200 r4. Not only a sleeper, it was quick and un assuming bland tan color that put many a hot rod to shame!

rod

Retired 22 years
1615749709305.png

1BROWNWRENCH

Amatuer Malthusian
Wait a minute! When I was a kid my Dad said NO money for a car for you buddy!
My job is to put a roof over your head, food in your mouth, clothes on your back and an education!

You want a car? That is on you!

He created a monster some say!

I flipped over 30 of them there kraut cars from the age of 16 to 19. He came to realize it kept me out of trouble!
I didn't allow him to park in his own garage as that is where I wrenched on his cars, painted cars and also kept my cars and motorcycles! For a kid I had Bitchin Cars and Trucks. I guess spoiled, but had to earn it on my own!

And yes I was a good son, I even maintained his yard's in lieu of payment!

Long Live them Kraut cars! I even still have VW powered kick start only motorcycles!

Just a couple years ago I sold my Americanized/Kraut car VW Type 3 Squareback. Custom frame, 300 HP 350 Chevy up front, breathed on 200 r4. Not only a sleeper, it was quick and un assuming bland tan color that put many a hot rod to shame!
Only VW bike I know of was the Amazonas from Brazil.

Shiftless

Early Dot welding before the more popular Spot welding became the norm!

Heck, its just making a frame kinda stick together>>> What's To Worry!

Shiftless

Maybe the guy just likes running a COLD bead of dot's? Ya Know, like the ice cream.

Or maybe he thinks this makes a Hot Rod look COOL?