Car and Bike Talk

rod

Retired 22 years
245807980_1208352089643730_5499639480684602076_n.jpg

quad decade guy

Listened to my local car talk show on Sat. Morn. Discussed Tesla vs. GM self driving features. Tesla/Musk using cameras and A.I.. GM using lidar(basically radar). The question was why are Teslas continuing to run into emergency vehicles?

I did see a Cadillac commercial showing a woman(black of course)(I don't see white people in commercials anymore).....taking her hands off the wheel and doing other things while driving. Implying hands off driving....being called an autopilot(GM) vs. Autonomous(Tesla). I thought it was a no no to drive without your hands? Especially Tesla.

Again...we are light years away from autonomous vehicles. Sleep well.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Listened to my local car talk show on Sat. Morn. Discussed Tesla vs. GM self driving features. Tesla/Musk using cameras and A.I.. GM using lidar(basically radar). The question was why are Teslas continuing to run into emergency vehicles?

I did see a Cadillac commercial showing a woman(black of course)(I don't see white people in commercials anymore).....taking her hands off the wheel and doing other things while driving. Implying hands off driving....being called an autopilot(GM) vs. Autonomous(Tesla). I thought it was a no no to drive without your hands? Especially Tesla.

You need to do a lot more research on Cadillac's Super Cruise before you compare it to any system from Tesla.

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.

They already exist. Not perfected yet. But within 5 years.

quad decade guy

You need to do a lot more research on Cadillac's Super Cruise before you compare it to any system from Tesla.
To be clear.....I didn't compare anything to anything.

The Talk show did.

Point was.....that the two systems use different technology and that Teslas are running into the things on the road.....

Ironically....just what you said....