Car and Bike Talk

quad decade guy

AMA has classes for every imaginable variety. They are PC like everything American anymore. Read their guidelines sometime!
In 2021, the costs to operate competitively in those classes borders on crazy just to pass Tech Inspection…
I quit AHRMA motocross for the alphabet soup of classes.....political doesn't even come close.

There is so much acrimony among old guys and bikes. Stupid. Arguing over one inch.

I used to love vintage mx! Modern mx'ed for decades.

Now......I just work and restore bikes for fun. Just too much negativity in racing.

Lineandinitial

Legio patria nostra
I quit AHRMA motocross for the alphabet soup of classes.....political doesn't even come close.

There is so much acrimony among old guys and bikes. Stupid. Arguing over one inch.

I used to love vintage mx! Modern mx'ed for decades.

Now......I just work and restore bikes for fun. Just too much negativity in racing.
LOL...I have never experienced politics or problems with the groups I run with (Formula 750 and Vintage HvyWt).
You just have to learn to get along with people....

quad decade guy

LOL...I have never experienced politics or problems with the groups I run with (Formula 750 and Vintage HvyWt).
You just have to learn to get along with people....
You don't know me.

There have been many, many splinter independent vmx groups because of politics. Smearing me doesn't cause that.

I've been doing this for a long time.

rod

Retired 22 years
1630114956273.png

Shiftless

I wanna ride today but I don't feel like going anywhere. Such a conflict of interest.
I have days like that! Luckily I don't have to ride thru a "BIG" city to get anywhere!

So I just take off and see where it leads me.

I am not into group riding!! 3 to 4 is max for me anymore!! I like people! I like riding! I like to meet at places predetermined, I just don't want to ride your ride! Altho I post this style of mine, here a month ago I rode with 15 guys to a local surf spot for a fish basket and it re-affirmed to me why I choose to ride the way I ride. It sucked! Thankfully it was only under a 100 miles!!!!

Some people have a hard time with that, I don't give a shift! We are big boy's we know where we are going, see ya there!

Best part of motorcycling is CHOICE"S! You want to ride side by side like a parade? OK! You want to ride in a string of staggered riders?
OK! You wanna wear obsecenely bright colored armored clothing? OK!

ME? See ya there!

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I have days like that! Luckily I don't have to ride thru a "BIG" city to get anywhere!

So I just take off and see where it leads me.

I am not into group riding!! 3 to 4 is max for me anymore!! I like people! I like riding! I like to meet at places predetermined, I just don't want to ride your ride! Altho I post this style of mine, here a month ago I rode with 15 guys to a local surf spot for a fish basket and it re-affirmed to me why I choose to ride the way I ride. It sucked! Thankfully it was only under a 100 miles!!!!

Some people have a hard time with that, I don't give a shift! We are big boy's we know where we are going, see ya there!

Best part of motorcycling is CHOICE"S! You want to ride side by side like a parade? OK! You want to ride in a string of staggered riders?
OK! You wanna wear obsecenely bright colored armored clothing? OK!

ME? See ya there!
I tried getting my buddies into riding when I started over twelve years ago. But nobody else did. I've spent 99% of the time since then riding solo so anytime I do try riding with someone now I just get annoyed.

rod

Retired 22 years
I prefer the "Lone Wolf" style myself. I found out years ago that riding with a large group is like playing crack the whip.