Car and Bike Talk

quad decade guy

I wonder what will happen to car and bike collections as gasoline is phased out.

Especially the high profile types like Leno and Seinfeld.

I do think gasoline powered cars will be outlawed in States like CA. Sooner than later.

Think about all the folks you know that have that car/bike/tractor whatever project that they "are going to get to someday..."

Think about all the car junkyards out there. Their value instantly to zero except for scrap.

DriverNerd

I wonder what will happen to car and bike collections as gasoline is phased out.

Especially the high profile types like Leno and Seinfeld.

I do think gasoline powered cars will be outlawed in States like CA. Sooner than later.

Think about all the folks you know that have that car/bike/tractor whatever project that they "are going to get to someday..."

Think about all the car junkyards out there. Their value instantly to zero except for scrap.
I am sure that will be the case for new car sales, but most new laws don't pertain to things made before the date of inception.

Gas will still be available for years after new gas engine sales cease...even in California.

quad decade guy

I am sure that will be the case for new car sales, but most new laws don't pertain to things made before the date of inception.

Gas will still be available for years after new gas engine sales cease...even in California.
Grandfather clauses....

Perhaps.

But, California is so radicalized that I believe gasoline autos could be banned altogether. Gasoline too.

For years....5? 10?

Never underestimate liberals and climate change fanatics.

rod

Retired 22 years
1651114283274.png

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Not sure. I don't know much about older Harleys.

I was digging the Suzuki motor.

That's more my thing.
When I was 16 my next door neighbor went to prison for a very long time
His mom told me there is an old motorcycle in pieces in the garage you can have it if you get it out of my garage
So I boxed it all up drug it next door bought a shop manual for a 72 shovel head and a box of tools from the pawn shop and 2 years later I had a shovel head chopper no front brake lucky I didn’t die on it before I sold it

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
When I was 16 my next door neighbor went to prison for a very long time
His mom told me there is an old motorcycle in pieces in the garage you can have it if you get it out of my garage
So I boxed it all up drug it next door bought a shop manual for a 72 shovel head and a box of tools from the pawn shop and 2 years later I had a shovel head chopper no front brake lucky I didn’t die on it before I sold it
20220430_132905.jpg