Car and Bike Talk

DriverNerd

Wouldn't one supercharged V8 be better than six individual, time consuming engines?
Multiple reasons:
More fuel efficient smaller engines.
Smaller size engines with multiple propellers allow higher rpm, faster acceleration, and easier docking.
Usually multiples appear on ocean boats where having an engine failure and not having a backup spells trouble.
Drug runners need as much speed as possible.

Not if you're looking for the 2700 horsepower this gives you.
That too.

rod

Retired 22 years
1660791333057.png

I remember those days. And the wife would be returning the favor :-)

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Well this past weekend I ended up making a near spur-of-the-moment decision and traded for a new bike, then proceeded to put nearly 250 miles on it and didn't get home until after 11 at night. Same model I rented a few years ago and should've bought way back then. It was only a matter of time before I ended up on one like this.

This is exactly what I needed. I'm already itching for my next big ride. Thinking an Erie excursion to check out the boats, and with a little luck maybe even see a tall ship or two, kickstand up by 6 am. Was trying to decide if I should remove the Tail of the Dragon decal since I haven't actually earned it, but then again, the bike already earned it, similar to how a WWII plane earned its kill livery.

20220820_134741.jpg

UnionStrong

Sorry, but I don’t care anymore.
Well this past weekend I ended up making a near spur-of-the-moment decision and traded for a new bike, then proceeded to put nearly 250 miles on it and didn't get home until after 11 at night. Same model I rented a few years ago and should've bought way back then. It was only a matter of time before I ended up on one like this.

This is exactly what I needed. I'm already itching for my next big ride. Thinking an Erie excursion to check out the boats, and with a little luck maybe even see a tall ship or two, kickstand up by 6 am. Was trying to decide if I should remove the Tail of the Dragon decal since I haven't actually earned it, but then again, the bike already earned it, similar to how a WWII plane earned its kill livery.

View attachment 397490
Leave the dragon. They made some damn
fine fighter engines during the WW 2. Very nice looking. Drive safe.

rod

Retired 22 years

View attachment 397490
Very nice ride but I'm sure it would be way too quiet for me. Loud pipes save lives.

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
Very nice ride but I'm sure it would be way too quiet for me. Loud pipes save lives.
The quieter the better. When I bought a Harley, it was used so of course it came with these obnoxious pipes. I bought a pair of salvage stock mufflers online and took care of that.

DriverNerd

I have bought and sold a lot of things on craigslist and places like, that it’s annoying when people call and ask that question. They don’t even come out and look first. I generally just ignore them.
Yeah my favorite is the "what's the lowest you'll go". Then their next response is an offer that undercuts it. I ignore as well.